Environmental and Nutritional Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health
This feature highlights reports, studies, and feedback from families on efforts that can make a positive impact in our quest for health. Topics we cover in this issue are included below. We invite you to share material with us that you think would be of interest to our readers.
Topics featured in this article:
- Taking the next step for my son’s PANDAS and Lyme
- Looking for a doctor? These organizations may be of help
- Sublingual immunotherapy helps some children with atopic dermatitis and dust mite-sensitivity
- 5 reasons to never let your kids eat McDonald’s (from Care2)
- Be sure to read this if your young kids are using an iPhone or iPad
- Got cancer? Get sleep!
- Clostridia in the gut may reduce food allergies
Taking the Next Step for My Son’s PANDAS and Lyme
I am writing to you regarding my 10-year-old son. He developed tics in September of 2010. He was diagnosed with PANDAS in 2011, and in 2012 we learned he had coinfections from Lyme. He had Lyme at the age of 3, but at that time I was not aware of coinfections.
My son’s tics started to escalate and by June 2012 he started IVIG therapy. At that time I spoke to another mom who told me how preservatives affected her child. I then noticed my son’s tics would get worse when he ate the same preservatives. I decided to eliminate polysorbate, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate and BHT.