Psychiatrists are well equipped to take notes while patients describe their symptoms, compare these symptoms to a checklist, and declare a diagnosis. But they fail to complete what could be the most important and helpful […]
OCD: Resources and Research
Research projects dedicated to natural or integrative therapies for OCD are gradually increasing in number. ACN Latitudes keeps a list of those that are expected to be of most interest to our site readers.
See our page Research Studies for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder for published abstracts and articles.
Resources for Integrative Approaches
- Children’s and Adult Center for OCD and Anxiety
- Alternative Mental Health
- ACN Latitudes Forums: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Book: Freeing Your Child from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: A Powerful, Practical Program for Parents of Children and Adolescents
Related articles are shown below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can search using the box at the upper right of the page or browse our forums.
We’ve compiled a list of published research articles on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), with a focus on integrative therapies. The studies are listed under categories of Diet, Nutrients, and Herbs, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy and […]
When children and teens have been traumatized, typical therapies often include art or play therapy, drug intervention, and/or psychological debriefing. Yet, new research failed to find support for these efforts. Instead, the study suggests that […]
Vijendra K. Singh, Ph.D., was a research associate professor at Utah State University when he contributed this article. He has over 20 years of experience in neurobiology and immunology research, beginning at the Children’s Hospital […]
Aristo Vojdani, PhD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and the Differentiation between Non-Autoimmune OCD and the Autoimmune Version of the Disease Called PANDAS Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a collection of thoughts and actions that come into your mind without […]
Severe symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) can sometimes develop as a response to a streptococcal infection. Studies also show that tics associated with Tourette syndrome can also be triggered by a bout with strep. […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on