As a school psychologist I always advised parents of hyperactive children to remove synthetic additives from the diet. Truth is, they usually ignored me. But not Cindy! The mom of an out-of-control boy, Cindy began to watch for […]
ADHD: Resources and Research
The focus on research dedicated to natural or integrative therapies for ADHD is growing. ACN Latitudes keeps a list of those that are expected to be of most interest to our site readers.
See our Recent ADHD Research page for some of the latest key studies. Many of the research papers included are offered in full article form.
Resources for Integrative Approaches
- Alternative Mental Health
- EEG Info
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Feingold Association of America
- Food Intolerance Network
- The Hyperactive Children’s Support Group
- ACN Latitudes Forums: Attention Deficit Disorders
Related articles are shown below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can search using the box at the upper right of the page or browse our forums.
ACN’s advisory board member, Dr. William Shaw, wrote an important, forward-thinking article in 2013 that explained how the increase in ADHD, autism, and asthma could be linked to the popular medication acetaminophen (i.e.,Tylenol). See Tylenol: […]
It was rat research, not human. But it is pretty compelling. A new study could begin to explain why allergies during pregnancy are linked to higher risks for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism in children. […]
Many readers are aware that artificial colors and flavors have the potential to trigger hyperactivity and tic symptoms, and additives have also been linked to a number of other health risks. The Feingold Association has […]
A study from The University of Texas Health Science Center found that mothers with chemical intolerances are much more likely than other women to have a child with an autism spectrum disorder or attention deficit […]
It’s shocking how many millions of youngsters receive a diagnosis of ADHD and are treated with stimulant drugs but are never given a proper medical evaluation. Doctors usually fail to consider key factors that may be […]
The prevailing assumption has been that ADHD is a childhood disorder. Over time, the condition improves for many, but for some it continues into adulthood. At that point it is simply referred to as “adult […]
Everyday pollutants in and outside the home can be bad for the environment…and bad for your baby’s brain Researchers at the Institute for the Developing Mind at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) and colleagues at […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on