LENDRI PURCELL, Founder of FACTS – Families Advocating for Chemical and Toxic Safety; Vice President of Jonas Philanthropies A year and a half ago, my quirky, spirited and brilliant 7-year-old son started to experience some very […]
PANDAS/PANS: Families Speak Out
Accounts from families dealing with PANDAS/PANS and related conditions help explain how devastating the symptoms are, convey successful therapies, and underscore the urgent need for clear diagnostic and treatment approaches.
If you have an experience to share for the benefit of others, please contact us and put Families Speak Out in the subject area.
For more information see our e-book Your Child Has Changed. Should you Consider PANDAS? Let’s Talk
Related articles are shown below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can search using the box at the upper right of the page or browse our forums. We host the largest international forum on PANS/PANDAS and related conditions.
BY HOWIE’S MOM Our journey with Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome (PANS) started on May 2, 2014. My healthy 9-year-old son, Howie, came home with a sudden head-jerking movement. I asked what was wrong and he […]
CORY’S GRANDMOTHER, PAM Cory turned seven just before Christmas. He is now on his second 10-day round of antibiotics. Before the first round his little hands were red, chapped and almost bleeding from washing them […]
Environmental and Nutritional Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health This feature highlights reports, studies, and feedback from readers on efforts that can make a positive impact in the quest for health. We invite you to […]
By Ellen, mother of Tina Editor: Ellen’s story is shared to convey the serious symptoms and struggles that can occur with an infection-triggered neurological disorder, as well as the determination often needed to find help. […]
Luke’s determined mother wrote this account about PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal infections) for ACN Latitudes. The family’s name is withheld on request. Luke was a typical, very good, happy baby. He […]
By Ian’s mother, Nancy After our son had spent a few exceptionally stressful days in 1st grade, my husband and I noticed his little hands were red and raw. A quick phone consult with his […]
An advisory board member, Dr. Robbins answered this question received from a reader: “My son is almost 8 years old. He had a terrible fever and flu-like symptoms for a week and a half with […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on