Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.

New eBook: Your Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen the ACN Latitudes PANDAS eBook?  Our helpful book is a 37-page primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need. Learn more

Photo
- - - - -

How many here tested positive for bartonella?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LaurenK

LaurenK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

Wondering how many here actually had a positive bartonella test? I read that bartonella can turn off antibody production.

#2 MichaelTampa

MichaelTampa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Before starting treatment, I did test for bartonella with IGeneX, along with a few other tests. The bartonella was negative, but all indications based on energy testing and response to various treatments and symptoms before and after, all point to the fact that I had/have bartonella.

#3 rowingmom

rowingmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

My DD10 IGENEX tested IgG positive and IgM negative for bartonella. Her lyme IgM was IND for **41 kDa, IgG IND for **34, **39, and ++ for **41 kDa. She was clinically diagnosed with bartonella, perhaps lyme. As we treat bartonella with combination Abx, the bartonella symptoms are resolving and lyme symptoms (that she has never had before) are showing themselves. Joint pain, tingling extremities.

Edited by rowingmom, 28 February 2012 - 09:40 AM.

DD12 - Born 2001. Loss of speech/fine motor ability 2 weeks after 15 month MMR.
2004 - Dx ADHD, sensory disorder (light, sound, touch), motor delay (with toe-walking), hypotonia, oral apraxia.
2008 - MMR booster and insect bite (bruise-like rash) - motor/vocal tics, emotional lability (including rage), age regressive behaviour, low level OCD, urinary frequency, diminished fine motor ability, insomnia, loss of executive function. Waxed and waned with strep/viral infections.
2010 - Dx ADHD, Tourettes, Aspergers, motor delay, probable PANDAS.
Jan 2011 - shin/forearm pain, cyclic IBS, foot (sole) pain, dizziness, palpitations, chest pain, anxiety/panic attacks, pick-like skull pain, pain and stiffness at base of skull, tingling in extremeties, chills and hot flashes, fatigue, nightly fever. 
June 2011 - Igenex PCR positive bartonella, Negative lyme (IND IgM kDa 41; IND IgG kDa 39, 34.  kDa 41++). CD57 18.  Positive ANA (speckled type), heterozygous A1298C MTHFR. Multiple Abx, methyl B12, methylfolate, P-5-P, herbal, homeopathic treatment with LLMD.

Jan 2013 - Bartonella IgG titers declined from 160 (Jun 2011) to 80.  CD57 16. 

April 2013 - Weaned from abx treatment.  Continue with Buhner herbs, ByronWhite, methylation/detox protocols, Terry Wahls gf/cf/sf diet.  Minimizing EMF exposure.

Sept 2013 - CD57 45.  

Oct 2013 - All symptoms (PANS and pain/fatigue) 95% resolved.  No flares with viral or other infections.  Slight pain herxing remains with changes in herbal protocols.

Nov 2013 - Improvement to 98% with addition of herbal protozoan treatment.

Dec 2013 - ANA titers negative.  PANS symptoms resolved.  Regular classroom requiring no accommodations.

Mar 2014 - Continued improvement in cognative/executive function with increased dosages of cryptolepis/sida/alchornea tincture.         

DS17 - Born 1996. No unusual symptoms.

#4 philamom

philamom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

My dd 10 tested negative for bartonella with Igenex. She does test positive through Specialty Lab (a sub-division of Quest) though.

Dd 12
Chronic Sinusitis since 18mths of age. Symptoms emerged with sinus infections and into remission with abx.
Severe Episode in March 2006. Dx with PANDAS May 2006. Three other episodes between 2007-2009.
Symptoms became chronic in 2009.
Diagnosed w/Lyme & Bartonella August 2010. Positive Igenex Lyme. Positive Bartonella Quest.
2011- lupus flair, erythema nodosum, Pots, Positive Advanced Lab Culture w/ pic of spirochetes in sample.

2012- endoscopy & colonoscopy

2013- Still positive for Lyme w/Igenex.. Positive Bartonella w/Quest

Treatment: abx & IVIG

#5 sss

sss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

I tested positive for bartonella on the Igenex antibody test.
Dd did not, but she has it.
Daughter 9, PANS, Aspergers traits, probable congenital Lyme,
biomedical treatments w/DAN! Cam K 175, 2 HD IVIG's, 2 LLMD's- improved, but still challenging in areas at times.
Mom-tested positive Igenex PCR Lyme, and positive Bartonella 2011.
Went through extensive Lyme/Bart treatment, lasting improvements.
Both off treatments > a year,
but require special diets
and a pharmaceutical script or 2.

#6 ShaesMom

ShaesMom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

All three of us were negative for Bart through IGenex. Clinical sx for both kids indicate they have it and my response to the Rifampin/Mino/Azith combo definitely indicates that I have it as well.

#7 karam

karam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

My PANDAS/OCD dd tested clearly positive on Igenex

My Lyme son was borderline

I was negative (but am being treated for Lyme)

Only my dd has OCD, which I find interesting...

DD 11: Severe OCD & other PANDAS symptoms Fall 2009, PANDAS dx spring 2010; Bartonella dx spring 2011; Lyme diagnosis Fall 2011.
On various abx combos for three years. Stopped abx in March 2013. Doing GREAT!!!!!
DS 13: Emotional Lability past 4 years; suspected Lyme spring 2011, confirmed January 2012.
On abx since Feb. 2012. Doing really well, too.
Myself: Lyme dx Jan 2012. Treating. Improving.

#8 Bill

Bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Son tested positive originally.

Son, Age 14, Lyme/Bartonella/Pandas
Started treatment October 2010
ABX, 6 IVIGs to date.
Making progress.

#9 momaine

momaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

both dd and I tested negative for bart but had symptoms and our separate docs clinically diagnosed us with it, and both of us are responding positively to bart treatment. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users