ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone done pex and continued allergy through it

ds has been on allergy shots for a while...he seems better than last year, allergy wise..but i also did not put him in sports this spring.

we start level C today, which lasts 8 weeks then level D whtich lasts 20 weeks before maintancece.

I don't really want to stop them as i think once they are under control, things will be so much better. I have not dismissed the fact that some of the flare he is experiencing is not just from lyme abxs, which caused gut issues, maybe some herx, but also increase in pollen ie last several days pollen count:

4/9 2790,4/10 1169,4/11 1377, 4/12 640, 4/13 403..by the end of the month it will be below 100

Forgot to ask you on the phone, what did Latimer think about this (shots with PEX)?

forgot to ask when we there.

i asked last fall and said it was ok.

going to ask again to see if there is any change in thoughts but takes a little time to get back.

plus her right hand man is out of town this week

hoping to hear the experiences of others.

Hey, Fixit, saw this post about allergy shots. We have discontinued them for now. Our LLMD said son's immune system is working to hard on the Lyme and co-infections that it would be an overload for it to try and figure out what to do with the allergins being introduced. Made sense to me as I did see an increase in all symptoms and tics. I'm not saying you should, just wanted to put our info out there. Kathy

Hey, Fixit, saw this post about allergy shots. We have discontinued them for now. Our LLMD said son's immune system is working to hard on the Lyme and co-infections that it would be an overload for it to try and figure out what to do with the allergins being introduced. Made sense to me as I did see an increase in all symptoms and tics. I'm not saying you should, just wanted to put our info out there. Kathy

I certainly appreciate all info and thoughts. Something to consider. I try to weigh it all carefully. This was his best spring ever. And now that pollen is below 200 he has no signs of allergies. It was only the 4 peek weeks this year, that his eyes and such were bothering him. I am hoping some of the pan/pits symptoms will fall with it.

i have heard alot of stories where kids get pex and something as simple as a tooth falls out and they loose all the ground they made. Really need to discuss with doc if that is the case, wouldn't allergy shots be a huge hit to system...but then again its not bacteria..but then again since we have been in episode,(2 years) each allergy season (not sure if that is the only reason) we get a rise in pan/pit symptoms. In the past,(prior to this 2yr mark) he would get an episode at height of spring, not from allergies, but from congestion letting an infection creep in, that would remit with 10day course of abx.

Also would be a shame to stop, as we are 27 weeks from reaching the monthly maintanence dose.

I hope your ds is doing better.