ACN Latitudes Forums

bio resonance

Guest Guest_efgh

Guest Guest_efgh

Thanks a lot on your info reg. bio resonance. Can you please explain to me how exactly it is done. If I get an insurance coverage for that, probably I would seriously consider that. Would it help tics? A detailed note on bio resonance would help me since I have a very good doctor who is good in this.

thanks again

Guest Jennifer

efgh,

Here are some of our son's OCD behaviors. Obsessive role playing (such as pretending he was a dinosaur all day for months). Bedtime rituals.. "good night, sleep tight, sweet dreams" it was the same every night - if he got interrupted he waould have to start over or if we said sweet dreams to you to he had to start all over. Great anticipation for the time 12:34 on the digital clock, if we were driving in the car and he missed it I would have to reset the time for him or he would go into a frenzy. He can't just converse with us it has to be mom....and my response or dad...and his response then he'll start talking after we've aknowledged him, but it's like that for every thought of his. We've tried to break him of that , but he becomes very frusterated. He would touch the burners on our stove. It got to the point that he would stop what he was doing to walk into the kitchen and touch the burners.

I think the key between normal kid behavior and OCD is that when the ritual is interrupted or you try to correct them they become very agitated and upset and it is something that starts having a negative impact on their life in general. They will also become frusterated because they know it is something they can't stop.

He has come a long way since then. He still is very immaginative, but doesn't get fixated on one character- there is a little more variety. He stll enjoys seeing 12:34 on the clock, but doesn't flip out when he misses it. He still uses the same bedtime line, but we can answer him back or he can get interrupted and it doesn't throw him off. He doesn't touch burners anymore. We still deal with the mom...dad...thing. It's good for me to type this stuff out because it makes me stop and think and realize how bad things used to be and just how much he has improved.

Jennifer

Hi All,

I have read OCD definitions from some websites, but I am a little confused after I read some of the posts here. They are different from what I understand. I guess that I need to be educated about OCD. My son used to be a "no fear" kind of boy (told by his teacher). These days, he has fear easily and always wants me to walk with him to the bathroom. I was told that's normal for children to develop fear when they get older. He also likes to eat what he picked up from his nose :( . I tried to stop him. He said to me "I don't know when that I started to have such habit". I figured out that he couldn't help it. How to distinguish if it's a bad habit or it's OCD symptom. Thanks in advance for your information!

Guest Jennifer

Jean,

How old is your son? You may have mentioned it in your other posts, but I don't remember. Some key things that some children express is anxiety, upset or agitation when the problem is addressed or you try to correct it. Some may express the fact that their brain is telling them to do certain actions.

Jennifer

Jean

From our experience and what i have seen from others, you are describing OCD not "bad habits"

Phobias and fears are inherent in OCD.....and they are very often totally irrational.

The nose thing sure sounds gross, but it doesnt surprise me. Some VERY odd things become obsessions or compulsions.

I have also been struck by the vast individual variation in the manifestation of OCD, especially the kind that is associated with TS.

I dont think one can try to "type" these behaviours as they truly seem to be so variable. The one unifying theme seems to be the "my mind told me to do it" explanation.....sometimes expressed as "I have to, or else........." or "I dont know why but I must......." etc etc.