ACN Latitudes Forums

sudden tic explotion

emy

Hi everybody:

My son, who is 15, had started with very explosive tics of the torso and neck. He has had many over the years (since he was seven) but never like this. He has judt had a very bad spell with asthma and is takin Qvar (Beclomethasone Dipropionate HFA 80mcg) and was taking abutrerol which was stopped a few days ago. He is also taking sertraline (Zoloft) which was started a 25 mg and has been increased to 50mg this month. I have been trying to find out if perhaps the QVar may be the culprit or if maybe the increase of the sertraline. Has anyone had any experience with the Sertraline or QVar? I want to know if any one has any suggestions about what I can try to help alleviate this very painful tics. He weights around 176 lbs. and I am not sure how much of any supplements I should try.

thank you

emy,

Welcome, I have never heard of most of what you listed, so I can't help you with that. I did want to ask if you have tried the epsom salts bath for him yet? Patty says the Magnesium cream works well for her son's neck tic. I was wondering if you have played around with his diet at all? My son does not have asthma, but I have read diet can really help with asthma.

C.P.

Hello Emy and welcome,

I have to ask, since you say your son has asthma, and it is usually recommended that people with asthma get flu shots -- has he had that shot this winter? May I ask why he takes Zoloft? Also, are supplements new to you in your research, or have you used any in the past?

Faith

Has he been sick lately? It could be the result of a virus or illness...... When my older son started ticcing pretty badly one day, I gave him a round of antibiotics and it cleared the tics. This happened twice, once from strep and once from a virus.

Hello Emy and welcome,

I have to ask, since you say your son has asthma, and it is usually recommended that people with asthma get flu shots -- has he had that shot this winter? May I ask why he takes Zoloft? Also, are supplements new to you in your research, or have you used any in the past?

Faith

Hi Faith,

His asthma does not occur regularly. It seems to be connected to seasonal allergies. He is taking Zoloft because the last time we went to the neurologist she recommended it to treat anxiety. She suggested that it might also help his tics. I figured we'd give a try.

I am pretty new to supplements. I have been reading a great deal on it but and up not knowing how to start. Today I started giving him the Bcomplex and the magnesium and calcium. I also had him take the epsom salt bath to see if it helps calm him. He has continued more or less the same today=spells of ticcing a great deal and having his asthma return. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

Hi Emy,

Welcome! My son also had allergy & asthma. He was on cingular, flonase, flovent and albuterol. He also had flu shots in the past. I suspect the medication may be one of the contributing factors to my son's tics.

Anyways, we did various alternative modalities for my son's tics, and found that NAET was very helpful with his asthma and allergies. My son no longer need the asthma medications and his nasal allergy is much improved. In addition, i do believe that NAET has indirectly help with his tics as well.

I have heard that some children can benefit from chiropractic for asthma & allergies. We have done chiropractic for about 8 mos., and did not notice much improvement for my son's allergies.

In the meantime, in addition to Epsom bath, i would also suggest the magnesium creme after the bath. I found it very helpful for my son. Also, my son responds very well to craniosacral therapy and his tics reduced sustantially after 2 office visits.

Good luck!

Pat

Hi Emy,

Welcome! My son also had allergy & asthma. He was on cingular, flonase, flovent and albuterol. He also had flu shots in the past. I suspect the medication may be one of the contributing factors to my son's tics.

Anyways, we did various alternative modalities for my son's tics, and found that NAET was very helpful with his asthma and allergies. My son no longer need the asthma medications and his nasal allergy is much improved. In addition, i do believe that NAET has indirectly help with his tics as well.

I have heard that some children can benefit from chiropractic for asthma & allergies. We have done chiropractic for about 8 mos., and did not notice much improvement for my son's allergies.

In the meantime, in addition to Epsom bath, i would also suggest the magnesium creme after the bath. I found it very helpful for my son. Also, my son responds very well to craniosacral therapy and his tics reduced sustantially after 2 office visits.

Good luck!

Pat

Hi Pat,

What is NAET? Did you use allergy medicine? I tried getting the magnesium creme in a health food store and could not find it. Any idea where else I could get this cream? I am glad to hear that the craniosacral therapy helped, My son is scheduled for one this evening along with a massage.

I really appreciate everyone's imput and suggestions - it makes one feel supported in this difficult process... Thanks!

You can get it from www.kirkmanlabs.com or 1800-245-8282.

NAET is an energy treatment that can desensitize one's food or environmental allergies. I am in a hurry, so can't write more on how it works, but if you do a search on past NAET posts, you will find more details on how it works.

Good luck with the creme. Hope it works for your child. It helped my son alot.

Pat