ACN Latitudes Forums

"The importance of self-regulatory and neuroplastic processes in

LM,

I was sorry to read the comment about your Dad. I had to wonder if the area where he contracted the malaria had been treated with DDT? If I remember right, that was the chemical of choice, to try to control the mosquito population? It has also been implicated in neuro conditions.

I have to tell you, that I find it really interesting that your daughter was never vaxed, and you have such strong feelings about things, often discussed here, not being related to her condition.

You know, I think what really pushed me in the direction of looking hard at vaccines, was the way my youngest son, just stopped eating normally somewhere btwn 1 yr. and about 15 months. There are some other factors there too, but with two sons, and trying to describe the course of events with each, it gets overwhelming.

When I was reading the Simpsonwood transcripts, and came across a graph, listing enuresis, eating disorders, and tics, in relationship to the bolus doses of thimerosal, fully vaxed kids recieved btwn the late 80's, when HIB and HEP B were added to the schedule, and late 2002, when the last vials, should have expired, it was really hard for me to ignore. There was no one who felt more strongly, that the vaccine hoopla was sheer nonsense, than me.

If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what made you decide to decline vaccines for your daughter?

Is there a family history of adverse reactions, or were you just more informed then I was :lol:

Documents like this, make my blood pressure rise too.

http://www.altcorp.com/DentalInformation/a...numvaccines.htm

Safety of Aluminum Added to Vaccines as a Vaccine Adjuvant

If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what made you decide to decline vaccines for your daughter?

Don't mind at all Kim. Interestingly enough, I was sitting in the doctors office while Pregnant and picked up a copy of Mothering magazine to browse while in the lobby. The issue noted that vaccination was controversial and mentioned some of the reasons why. I was puzzled about the controversy, but then I recalled a news special I'd seen years before about severe vaccine reactions, and thought to myself, "I plan to look into this carefully" before I decide to vaccinate. After two years of trying to decide, <_< I came out against vaccination for my daughter. Not because I don't think it's a valid option under certain circumstances, but because of how vaccines are made and marketed. I individually researched each vaccine, death rates prior to vaccination from various diseases, and contrasted that to the estimated number of deaths from said vaccines. Unfortunately, I came to the conclusion that vaccines are killing more kids in the US, than they save. I realize that's a VERY controversial statement, but that's what the numbers indicated. I was an accountant before becoming a full time mom, so I crunched the numbers and that was IT for me.

It's also interesting that the US has a very high infant mortality rate, in spite of record high vaccination rates. There is so much to know about the ins and outs of vaccination. It's a topic in and of itself.

I actually became very active in our local vaccine awareness chapter for a time, and did a great deal of research which was used in court to "try" to dissuade the state from mandating the chicken pox vaccine. Unfortunately, the state went ahead with the mandate. However, What I learned about the drug/vaccine approval process is really frightening.

I still remain on the fence over vaccination (generally speaking) but I feel that for my child - with our family history of various issues, it was best not to vaccinate. My husband is diabetic, my nephew was given a drug in surgery as a baby that was later linked to cancer (he survived stage four neuro-blastoma) etc. I am fairly cautious about what we put into our body for many reasons.

Thanks for asking.

PS I have always been interested in "natural medicine" and more so, complementary medicine, and I feel that our "for profit" medical industry has a long way to go.

Sorry to ramble. I don't wish to take up the issue of vaccination, and do respect each parents personal decisions regarding vaccination.

I would be very interested in knowing if Drs. have their own childern vaccinated. I friend just told me a horrible story about a Dr. in AZ who need shots to travel out of the country and after the shots he became like a baby again. How heartbreaking to be an M.D. and have to learn everything all over again.

C.P.