ACN Latitudes Forums

Brain Balancing Center

Hi

I am considering sending my son to the local Brain Balancing Center. He is 10 years old with TS, anxiety disorder and ADD. I would say that his symptoms with all of these is mild to moderate.

So who has tried it? How were the results.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Edited by BigAl

• 1 month later...

I sent my son, who is 11, two and a half years ago. He was borderline aspergers....no friends.....hard time with large motor skills. And tics. He had a lot of seemingly unrelated issues.

Brain Balance changed his life. It was HARD and expensive, but one of the best decisions I've ever made. He is now free of tics (He had some recur last year for a few months and then they went away again) and is a very confident fifth grader with close friends. He now has the confidence and desire to play sports and is doing amazingly well in school. BB changed him so much it is hard to explain. We began to slowly see gains and they kept coming long after the program. He started to pick up on social cues, for example. Now he is very sensitive to social cues and is extremely careful about hurting others' feelings, embarrassing someone, etc. Before, he was totally clueless. I could go on all day, but it is a wonderful program as long as you do it wholeheartedly. The exercises are hard and not a lot of fun but the changes in my child were unbelievable. We did only one three month session.

I haven't looked at this website in ages...glad I did.

I sent my son, who is 11, two and a half years ago. He was borderline aspergers....no friends.....hard time with large motor skills. And tics. He had a lot of seemingly unrelated issues.

Brain Balance changed his life. It was HARD and expensive, but one of the best decisions I've ever made. He is now free of tics (He had some recur last year for a few months and then they went away again) and is a very confident fifth grader with close friends. He now has the confidence and desire to play sports and is doing amazingly well in school. BB changed him so much it is hard to explain. We began to slowly see gains and they kept coming long after the program. He started to pick up on social cues, for example. Now he is very sensitive to social cues and is extremely careful about hurting others' feelings, embarrassing someone, etc. Before, he was totally clueless. I could go on all day, but it is a wonderful program as long as you do it wholeheartedly. The exercises are hard and not a lot of fun but the changes in my child were unbelievable. We did only one three month session.

I haven't looked at this website in ages...glad I did.

Hi MMW

Thanks much for your reply. That's wonderful that it has helped your son so much.

We will be going to an info session next week and I'm pretty sure that we will sign up for testing. We may or may not do the program. Our son's issues are real (anxiety, ADHD, tourettes, NLD), but they are all mild and he is functioning well out there. I worry about the future though, especially with the tics. We may start working with a chiropractic neurologist who does very similar stuff but we would usually do the exercises at home.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Anybody else out there used BB?

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

We drove 20 hrs to a BBC near us, ready to start the program. after the evaluation (test), total 3 hrs. we are told that my DD8 is a borderline case, basicly BBC program will help, but doing the program at home should be sufficient. Similar to yours, DD has tic, anxiaty issues which is mild. She is functioning well in and out of school...their test confirmed DD is accademicly gifted. right after the test, we have our lyme test back, indicating infection. So we did not do the program and came home started lyme treatment.

So here is what I am thinking:

1. Definately go through the test from them, that will help you decide if you want or fit for their program. our experience is that the test give you so much information it's is worth it regardless, just think I drove total 40 hrs for it and glad.

2. Did you rule out lyme? and other infections? The Dr there told me infection needs to be dealt with first. I am glad this Dr has the integrity to not just grap my money, $6000 is not a small amount for 3 month program.

3. I have heard good stories about doing the program at home..with the book 'disconnected kids'. I got both of his books...just started small..it's quite daunting of a task to do everything in the book...I am still struggling with lyme treatment at the moment.

Please keep us updated....best luck to you.

We drove 20 hrs to a BBC near us, ready to start the program. after the evaluation (test), total 3 hrs. we are told that my DD8 is a borderline case, basicly BBC program will help, but doing the program at home should be sufficient. Similar to yours, DD has tic, anxiaty issues which is mild. She is functioning well in and out of school...their test confirmed DD is accademicly gifted. right after the test, we have our lyme test back, indicating infection. So we did not do the program and came home started lyme treatment.

So here is what I am thinking:

1. Definately go through the test from them, that will help you decide if you want or fit for their program. our experience is that the test give you so much information it's is worth it regardless, just think I drove total 40 hrs for it and glad.

2. Did you rule out lyme? and other infections? The Dr there told me infection needs to be dealt with first. I am glad this Dr has the integrity to not just grap my money, $6000 is not a small amount for 3 month program.

3. I have heard good stories about doing the program at home..with the book 'disconnected kids'. I got both of his books...just started small..it's quite daunting of a task to do everything in the book...I am still struggling with lyme treatment at the moment.

Please keep us updated....best luck to you.

Thanks JJ, We've scheduled the assessment. It's about three weeks out. So we'll know more soon.

Alan