SarahJane Posted March 31, 2011 Report Share Posted March 31, 2011 Okay...last week we found out my PANDAS son has high myco p IgG (677)...positive per the lab. Via the phone, my husband's myco p results were negative. Hubby got the test results today, and they show 1.86 high (diff lab & that's a positive). So they tell him that's showing a past infection...not going to treat it. Well, a month ago, a diff dr ran a myco p test and both hubby's IgM and IgG were negative then. So, correct me if I'm interpreting this wrong, but the positive IgG is now showing a current infection, right? He even told them about PANDAS and our son's levels. He'd taken the previous test results with him to the previous appt, but I'm not sure they were copied for his file or if they were, maybe they didn't look at them. So, I've made a phone call and am waiting for a call back...not holding my breath tho' since everyone was out. Did shed a few tears tho'. What are we supposed to do when even the tests show the need for treatment, but we don't/can't get it? Meanwhile we've made a shift in my son's treatment to try to get rid of the myco p. And hubby has been trying to get this illness treated since December...suspect chronic myco p, but now we have a positive IgG, so I'm not sure if it's acute or chronic now. Wishing I didn't have to know so much about this. Wishing harder that the people that are PAID to know about this stuff actually knew more. Blah. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now