Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.

New eBook: Your Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen the ACN Latitudes PANDAS eBook?  Our helpful book is a 37-page primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need. Learn more

Photo
- - - - -

behind ear brown rash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 airbucket

airbucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:47 AM

i have been searching the internet for some good info on rashes but cant find anyting yet - my son developed a rash looking thing behind his ears (he always had red splotchiness behind his ears), it used to be red but one day about 2 weeks ago we noticed it is BROWN, a light brown, splotchy, small area and it feels kinda dry. Has anyone seen this before or can anyone reccommend a web site to explore body rashes? Does anyone think this looks like its indicative of an allergy or maybe just "dermatitis"? I am making an appointment with DAN doctor Dr Robbins in FL, but until then i am very curious what this could be. Thank you.

#2 Tsmommy

Tsmommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:15 AM

My son gets this too. His turned out to be dead,dry skin. If you take a wash cloth and get it really wet with alot of soap on it you can get it off with a little rubbing. My son has exema, does your's?

#3 chemar

chemar

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:26 AM

Hi airbucket

yes, it sounds like it is irritated skin that has died and now flaking off

bacteria and fungus love to hang out in the creases of our bodies and can cause reactions that look a lot like diaper rash.
the best way to prevent is to keep areas extra cleaned, even after a shower, a wipe with witch hazel is good and a thin layer of zinc oxide cream is helpful too as it prevents further growth.

I have noticed that if any of us have candida overgrowth in gut, those kind of irritated areas manifest more inside.

have you done the candida yeast spit test on him yet to get an idea of whether internal candida may be a problem?
http://www.1stcandid...andidatest.html

so glad you got your appt with Dr Robbins...I have heard very good things about him ^_^

Cheri

When life brings you to your knees....you're in a good position to pray!

click here for: The Treatments that have Helped My Son

click here for the Helpful Threads on Tourette/Tics

" the microbe is nothing; the terrain is everything." Louis Pasteur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users