ACN Latitudes Forums

Bad breath- smells like fish

Hello everyone,

My son has been having a very bad - fish like smell coming from his mouth.

He follows a very good oral hygiene and so that can't be the case. This smelly mouth started a month ago since he is having loose teeth.

4 of his pre-molars were wobbly and he lost one of them last week and the smell in his mouth is extreme and unbearable.  

Did anyone have similar experiences or have heard of something in Pans/Pandas children.  I don't want to google this and freak out too much! 

Thanks in advance. 

Swetha

Hi Swetha

I don't know what is causing that intensity of breath odor? but I just wanted to mention that there are numerous anecdotal reports of an increase in flare ups of tics and OCD, along with digestive issues when any dental stuff is happening- eg losing teeth, new teeth erupting and even dental work.

@Swetha

Just adding: Areas to check would be the obvious tooth/gum infection, tonsils/adenoids and digestive system- as usually bad breath smell originates from one of those

I found a 2013 thread here on bad breath in PANDAS that may be helpful to you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2024 at 5:04 PM, KSandy said:

Bring it up to his dentist. Also, consider switching to a toothpaste with colloidal silver and a mouth and throat rinse with neem or thyme oil. Does he use a tongue scraper/floss?

Thank you for your response @KSandy. I have started doing that and have seen some improvement.  Also I read in one of the articles, that the glutathione can cause bad breath. 

But it is definitely getting better.