ACN Latitudes Forums

Probiotics

OK all

Thanks or all the suggestions, I am a bit overwhelmed but want to introduce another probiotic with Nicks existing one for sure. I was intrigued with the custom probiotic sight and want to get a little more well read on all of the strains and what part of the body they help. I think the bifidofilus is what Nick needs but didn't test well for it at his dr apt when they muscle tested him. I think that strain works in the large intestine?????? not sure though. I am sure there is one of you moms (or dads) that has done more research than me on this... lol

abbe

If you go to the site I linked in my earlier post, you'll find a great deal of info on many strains. This might help you decide which product is best for your needs.

If you go to the site I linked in my earlier post, you'll find a great deal of info on many strains. This might help you decide which product is best for your needs.

Thanks , I will this weekend for sure...

abbe

Hi - we have been recommended a probiotic called HLC by pharmax. They do a high potency powder that has acidophilus and bifidus, 2 types of each plus some frucooligosaccharide for the bugs to eat. the powder tastes great and we put virtually all supplements under it to hide them from the kids :)

Both our savvy ped and great pharmacist rate it very highly. it's the only probiotic our pharmacist sells. he says its the only one he really trusts. The blurb on the site says it's a human versus animal strain so does better surviving in the gut and embeds much better. It is expensive coming in at $56 for a bottle of 120g where 1g delivers 10 billion. I've found that it's the only probiotic that I've taken that makes (tmi alert) me really gassy and actually feels as though something is happening in there. I've taken that to mean it's working :)

We combine that with Florastor and kefir of various sorts for variety of bugs.

Edited by dut