ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS headaches

Hi our daughter has had some bad heachaches in the past few days. She has been saying they are right at the front of her forehead. To compound matter, she fell on her face/head at school on Friday. They called and I ( happened to be going there anyway) checked on her and she seemed fine. We have been on Omnicef for over a week for , what we thought was, a sinus infection.

Do your children complain of headaches at the front of their head?

She seems , to me , to be heading more for another PANDAS episode more than anything.

Hi our daughter has had some bad heachaches in the past few days. She has been saying they are right at the front of her forehead. To compound matter, she fell on her face/head at school on Friday. They called and I ( happened to be going there anyway) checked on her and she seemed fine. We have been on Omnicef for over a week for , what we thought was, a sinus infection.

She seems , to me , to be heading more for another PANDAS episode more than anything.

The headache could be due to sinusitis. Have you seen any improvement in a week with omnicef? If not, I'd call the doctor as she may need a different antibiotic.

Also - are you doing anything to reduce sinus symptoms while you wait for the antibiotic to work? I am wondering if you use a steroid nasal spray, mucinex, antihistimines, or ibuprofen. If you are not using these then you may want to ask the doctor about those as well.

Keep us posted!

My son has always complained of frontal headaches- since age 5. He is now 13y. He had the 1st PANDAS flare at 11.

He has had another flare since september and the constant symptom he has had is a frontal headache.

I too wondered how many kids have this as a symptom.

My ds6 started with three days headaches and 1 day of high fever which is what prompted us to go to the doctor in Nov. 2010. Despite telling the doctor about the symptom, his tic and that many students at his school were coming down with strep and scarlet fever she did not test for strep. She did put him on RX Cedax for 10 days. Now he has no dx of PANDAS but his behavior has worsened. Recent trip to neurologist has his dx as Tourettes and ADHD and want to medicate for this.

hmmmm, since she got a T &A back in Dec. and had been doing so well AND , most recently, 10 days into omnicef, STREP did not cross my mind. I wonder..........

I am sure my ped will think I am crazy( as if she does not already).

Anyone have and "other symptoms" of strep I should be looking for? No fever and no complaining of sore throat. Just miserable demeanor and headaches

My middle child who only has mild PANDAS symptoms also has frequent headaches. He has seen a neurologist who diagnosed him with migranes. He takes a mild anti-spasmotic at night before bedtime and this helps decrease the frequency. My daughter who recently had her first PANDAS flare just started complaining of headaches about three weeks ago. Never had a headache that I know of before.

Dedee

hmmmm, since she got a T &A back in Dec. and had been doing so well AND , most recently, 10 days into omnicef, STREP did not cross my mind. I wonder..........

I am sure my ped will think I am crazy( as if she does not already).

Anyone have and "other symptoms" of strep I should be looking for? No fever and no complaining of sore throat. Just miserable demeanor and headaches

I've had kids test positive with no symptoms whatsoever. Headache and feeling off, I would definitely take her in to check.

I have two kids with scarlet fever right now, and tomorrow I'm taking the rest of them to get them all checked.

Unfortunately, it seems in many PANDAS families, you can have strep without any of the typical symptoms. It's always better to double check, and I always make a doctor's (not nurse, not PA) appointment, as sometimes even thought the rapid is negative they have turned out with ear infections or other stuff.