ACN Latitudes Forums

NEED HELP WITH MEDS!

HOWMIC

:) okay so here i am with 7 year old twins, bth diagnosed with ADHD. My son michael is doing great he is on ritalin la 20 and does great it really works for him, my son Howard is a completly diferent story, we have been on almost every medication for ADHD out there and it works for a little while then its over, it dosen't wrk anymore. We had an appointment with his doctor yesterday and she has increased his addell from 15 mg to 20 mg and now wants to add seroquel 12mg on to this in the afternoon. Please let me know if anyone out there has heard of this kind of mixture or know anyhthing about it. Seroquel is used for Schizophrenia and i know that my 7 year old does not have Schizophrenia. The dose is very small 12 mg and in adults they give it at 800mg, but i am still not comfprtable and i let the doctor know that, but she said to try and i just don't want to, but in the same respect i don't want to hurt Howard by not giving it to him. IF ANYONE HAS INFOR ON THIS MIXTURE....PLEASE SHARE I NEED TO KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ida

• 2 weeks later...

Mys on has taken serequel. He has Tourettes sydnrome, adhd, and ocd.

the sereqeul was for the TS.Serequel is a very strong medicine, with a side effect of tardive dyskensia.(look it up if you don;t know what it is)

I wish my son did not need anything that strong but his ts is really bad. Have you tried the clonidine, tenax yet?

Sereqeul is in the family of antipsychotic medications.

I have never heard of it being used for adhd.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

I think what your doctor is doing is slowing down the 7 year old? Is he hyperactive? Seroquel is also used as a therapy for bi polar. Seroquel will make them sleepy and eat a little bit more. It is not a bad drug. as a matter of fact the dosage is quite small. Just keep the seven year old off sweets because this medication can make you put on weight, unless he is underweight. Just keep checking in with your doctor and make sure the seven year old is doing fine.