ACN Latitudes Forums

Help! Does anyone recognize this pattern?

lurker

Help!

My son developed a new tic today. It can best be described as a "gasp."

I know many of you can guage by urination frequency or hyperactivity, but has anyone seen this before? EVERY TIME he gets a new tic, he precedes it with a recurring pattern:

Two days before, he starts crying easily about things that formerly wouldn't have upset him;

Those same two nights he has night sweats approximately 30 minutes after he falls asleep, which are resolved within an hour. (Don't laugh, I hover when I worry!)

He has allergic shiners for the forementioned two days and the next day without sleep deprivation or deviance in his diet.

On day two I notice a "preview" of the new tic (several times throughout the day).

Day three: tic-fest. We are currently on day three.

Scared mom

Sounds like it could be exposure to an allergen. Tigger was like that quite frequently in the beginning, before I got a handle on things diet-wise. He used to have sickly looking eyes, sort of watery looking. We too saw the dark circles. That is noted in Doris Rapp's book about neurological allergies, too. The wax on used to last four days. As long as you are no longer introducing the allergen there should be a wax off on the fifth day and return to normalcy after that. This must be how long it takes the body to rid itself of the allergen. I found this pattern pretty consistent. This was how I finally figured out he couldn't have citric acid. I had pretty much gotten all manner of foreseeable corn out of his diet, except he kept getting flare ups from time to time. When I got rid of the citric acid he totally stabilized. (We now only do fresh squeezed juice and only get Eden Organic spaghetti sauce, among other things I changed around here.) Citric acid, for anyone interested, quite probably has MSG in it, which is a whole new reason to avoid it. So my son's reaction to it may not be because of his corn allergy but simply because it is a neurotoxin in and of itself.

--BTW--- I often wondered about his many vits he was once on as well. As it is impossible to get vits without citric acid or ascorbic acid. Just a thought for anyone else struggling with corn or MSG reactions.

Here is an article about that: http://www.westonaprice.org/msg/msgfree.html

Hang in there. You will get your IgG results soon and then you'll be able to figure out what exactly is making him tic. It is frustrating, I know.

On the upside, after avoiding the allergens for some time his tolerance will improve, at least that is what we saw here. I'm just not getting any neurological symptoms now. Thought I did maybe a couple of days ago when Tigger ate nearly a pound of gouda cheese. He just helped himself while I was upstairs. Ugh! I thought I saw a nose twitch, but it was gone the next day. Now six months ago that would have sent him into a flurry of stuff.

I wonder if he really did have a leaky gut and the diet healed it? From what I've read that seems like the case, but I have no lab testing to prove it.

Caryn