ACN Latitudes Forums

Removing Gluten

Hi all, newbie here.  I just ordered the new book by Sheila DeMare.  My son has been displaying motor tics since he was approximately three years old, he is currently 6 years old.  They wax and wan.  The motor tics also change from eye blinking, to throat clearing to shoulder shrugging (current).  They seem to be worse in summer time but I have seen them in the winter time.  We have had short periods of success when we restrict food dyes and MSG.  My husband wants to go "gluten free" for 5 days as we will be going away on a vacation.  I feel like 5 days is not enough time to see results not to mention how hard it will be to just go gluten free.  Any advice on how long it generally takes to see results if one goes gluten free?  I am picking up a copy of the first book from my local library today.  

• 1 month later...

Hi Suerexhouse,

Sorry this is an extremely late response, but I am a total believer that gluten and the exclusion of it will effect onset of ticcing.  My son in 14 now, but when he was your son's age, there was a direct correlation from an increase in tics and eating gluten earlier in the day.  He is still basically gluten free, although we've loosed up over the last couple of years.  I wonder if you tried it? I would say you will definitely need to give it more time that 5 days.  

Good luck! 
Eve