ACN Latitudes Forums
  • pandas-cover-cropped.pngYour Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen our PANDAS eBook?  Our book is a helpful primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need.  Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Learn more

Hello, I was diagnosed with a specific antibody deficiency (IgG) when I was 13, about five and a half years ago.  Have been on IgG infusions ever since.  Started out by doing Sub Q weekly but later switched to IVIG once a month. I started learning about PANDAS/PANS about a year ago after my health took a rapid decline, but I believe I have had soft symptoms since I was about 13.  I also have Lyme disease.  I'm not sure if this is helpful, I am still trying to figure out how this all ties together.. If you have any insight regarding the combo of immune deficiency and PANS/PANDAS please let me know!

Also, just a note.  I used to do fine after my IVIG infusions, only effect was exhaustion right after and maybe a headache the next day, however, after my health took a serious decline and my PANS became full blown, I started having adverse responses to the treatments with severe PANS symptoms the day after IVIG.  I believe I have an infection that is triggering the PANS and hopefully once I get rid of it I won't have these bad responses to IVIG anymore!  I also believe that my IVIG may have been a factor in keeping PANS in control all of those years.. possibly.

Just received the genetic testing that shows a variant related to CVID.  currently has diagnosis of autism/PANDAS-PANS/ OCD/ Anxiety / rages/ so hoping this CVID will get IVIG in place .