ACN Latitudes Forums

Bartonella/lyme "without" Inflammation?

Is is possible that my child can have lyme/bartonella, and have no brain inflammation. She reacts very poorly and gets worse with motrin and also turns into satan with steroids. Both of these are for brain inflammation, so if she does so horribly with them and they don't help...wouldn't that mean there is no inflammation? Thanks!

Trinity, it's not unusual for steroids to cause that kind of reaction with Lyme disease or co-infections. Are you using Motrin with artificial dyes? Any artificial dye, including titanium dioxide, will turn my daughter into Satan!! She is so sensitive we have to check toothpaste, gum, body lotion, shampoo, everything -- not just medication and food. Their BBBs are breached -- artificial dyes and additives can cross the BBB very quickly and cause these types of reactions.

He said "we will leave the bartonella/lyme treatment to the infectious disease doctor." He did not have a problem with her being on the bactrim and mino., but he said it is most likely that the minocycine is the one that is helping. She goes into hospital on Dec. 17th. She is already telling me she is not going. Should be fun!!! More bribes on the way....

• 2 weeks later...

Is is possible that my child can have lyme/bartonella, and have no brain inflammation. She reacts very poorly and gets worse with motrin and also turns into satan with steroids. Both of these are for brain inflammation, so if she does so horribly with them and they don't help...wouldn't that mean there is no inflammation? Thanks!

my son is now the same way, ibuprphen (compounded) use to be a life saver for him but last few years it causes psychotic rages, along with antihistamines, antibiotics, psych meds or any meds what so ever. liver is all I can think of or I read that people in phase 3 of adrenal fatigue syndrome can develop paradoxical or sensativities to meds that use to work. a lot of herbs are making him psychotic too just with one drop (phenol sensitive is all I could figure out)... it is sooo frustrating!

Not sure how far away you are from NYU, but we used a Senior Care ambulance to get to the hospital (DS. Preferred it). Also because we were admitted through the ER insurance covered the ambulance.

T.Anna

do you mind sharing how and what you did to get help through emergency room, there have been so many days I have started to drive to the ER when he was flipping out and in agony so bad but then I turned around because all I could think was they would just give him atavan and send us home.