ACN Latitudes Forums

ocd and physical symptoms

Hi,

This is new for me so please bear with me if I ramble a bit. I'm a female in my late 30's who has been struggling with 0CD in one way or another since grade school. I have thoughts that bad things are going to happen to my family or to me if I don't for instance kiss everyone in the house goodbye before I leave. I also have struggled with looking at objects a certain amount of times and with making sure that I don't forget to pray about anyone. I have had good periods and bad periods over the years. Lately, I've thought I was doing well. I kept telling myself that I don't have the power to control any of those things. It seemed to be working. However, the other day at work, I was having an ok day and all of the sudden I got really light-headed and dizzy. I had some visual distortions, seeing flashing light out of my left eye. It scared me really bad and I went home and called the doctor. Not an easy thing for me, because I am terrified of going to the doctor and finding out something is really wrong with me. The doctor told me that it was probably ok because it didn't last for long and I also am suffering from a sinus/cold problem. I've been ok now for the past 24 hours but keep obsessing that it might come back. Has anyone ever experienced these kinds of physical symptoms before and how did you get over them? The only person who really know the extent of my ocd is my mom and I don't want to keep calling her for reassurance. Can anyone relate?