ACN Latitudes Forums

Doxycycline and sleep disturbance

DS started doxycycline a week ago for ehrlichia and anaplasma treatment. This week, he has woken in the middle of the night more than half the nights. Any connection to the doxy? He remains on Augmentin 500mg bid for PANS.

He's having nightmares.

Edited by nicklemama

It's possible it's die off. Magnesium needs to be given a couple if hours away from doxy. It's probably worth a call to the doctor to ask . I didn't notice that when dd was on doxy. Actually she stopped the night waking on abx. But each person can react differently. Lyme can cause insomnia which is why I might think it's a die off. I think drugs.com shows what % of people have what rxn

Wasn't your son suspect of having Babesia as well? Intense nightmares, night waking and drenching night sweats are all symptoms of Babesia. Check on him before going to bed to see if he is sweating.

It is likely the doxy is causing a die off and in combo with his specific chronic infections you are seeing the symptom surface. Definitely record symptom and the nights he wakes to report back to LLMD. You'll probably notice a trend of improvement by next Dr.'s appointment.

We had only one child with positive PCR blood work for Babesia, the other two children had negative Babesia blood work. All children were treated for Babesia, prior to treatment they had very few specific symptoms of Babesia, along with treatment we noticed an increase of Babesia specific symptoms that eventually settled over a long period of time. Two children were treated one year for Babesia with Mepron. The other is still being treated. We just started retreating with herbals on top of current antibiotic regimen.

Yes, he's suspected of having babesia. We haven't seen night wakings/ nightmares in a very long time. Actually since after IVIG #1. Haven't seen night sweats or the foot pain either since.

I'll start keeping a log. Haven't done that in a very long time.

Edited by nicklemama

Try the burbur. I like to try stuff first during the day so I can watch for rxn. I try to give two hours away from abx. I use give drops and doc said I can use every four hours. Dd was off today so I gave burbur and 30 minutes later nutramedix parsley. It really seems to work.

Do you give the burbur drops with water? Here are the three things his doctor recommended for herxing.

1. Lots of water with lemon juice.

2. 10 drops of burbur with 100mg of sublingual glutathione for 10 minutes until symptoms resolve.

3. Alkaseltzer gold and/or Benadryl (25-50mg) with quercitin or other bioflavonoids.

I'm not really sure I want to go with option three. I'm not a fan of alkselzer or Benadryl.

He hasn't had any of the symptoms of herxing she has on the two page handout: headache, joint and muscle pain, body aches, sore throat, general malaise, sweating, chills, nausea or other symptoms.

I can't give the burbur in the morning and be two hrs away from abx. He'd have to get it after school. I have it but haven't tried it. If I'd had it in my purse, I'd have given it Sat when we went bowling and a friend was accidentally given a strike when he bowled the first throw even though he didn't knock all the pins down. He got really mad, saying it wasn't fair. Thought I was going to have to take him home, but he settled down enough to stay. Just right, perfect and fair are all big PANS triggers for meltdowns and anger. Unfortunately the world is not fair, perfect or just right. I dream that someday this will all end.

Edited by nicklemama