ACN Latitudes Forums

Our new friend, Ibuprofen!

Anyway, I think finding that treating inflamation reduces OCD in our kids, is the best clue you can find, to build your own confidence that you are on the right path in persuing an inflamatory/infection based issue. I guess that is what I mean by it works for PANDAS OCD and not regular OCD. Just like SSRI's work better for some others, that abx does not help.

Yes, and for some of us, both abx AND low-dose SSRI's bring positive effects, so we muddy the waters yet more still! :wacko:

Yup, my dd is also on low dose SSRI's (10mg prozac /day).

btw I've found some articles that say SSRI's (at least some of them) are anti-inflammatory. Here is one:

http://www.physorg.com/news186305838.html

Edited by EAMom

We're using a high dose of circumin with great results. If you search the net, you'll find great info on it's anti-inflammatory properties. We use a brand called Longvida but Enhansa is really popular through Lee Silsby pharmacy and some people are getting it covered by insurance. Just a thought.

-Amber

Amber, what made you pick the Longvida brand? Covered by insurance? Really? Is that through a DAN doctor? Are you using it for allergies or simply for anti-inflammatory?

Sorry I'm so late to answer this. Our DAN! prefers Longvida brand. I guess it is more absorbable than other brands but who knows. My dd has a lot of gut inflammation as well as the PANDAS so we use it for that. A lot of people were reporting on autism forums that circumin helps with yeast but I really can't tell if it has helped with that. My dd has been on prescription antifungals for 2yrs now. I think, in order to get the Enhansa covered by insurance, you need a dr's rx. If you call Lee Silsby pharmacy in New Jersey, they could give you all the info. Their customer service is fabulous. We tried Enhansa about a year ago and that stuff is super powerful! We never got past the introductory dose because of the crazy reaction. I guess it's normal to get die-off or flu like reactions with the start up and that's actually a good sign but I think my dd was reacting to the phenols because she was up all night bouncing off the walls. We tried it for almost 2mos and never got past that crazy phase. We didn't see any of that with the Longvida so I think it's a better match for us. I hope that helps!

-Amber

Yup, my dd is also on low dose SSRI's (10mg prozac /day).

btw I've found some articles that say SSRI's (at least some of them) are anti-inflammatory. Here is one:

http://www.physorg.com/news186305838.html

Thanks for the article . . . interesting. Oddly enough, our DS did not seem to get any positive impact from Prozac, no matter what the dose. We switched to low-dose Luvox this summer after talking with some clinicians at the IOCDF conference, and that's been very supportive at a low dose. I wonder if it also has some anti-inflammatory characteristics?