ACN Latitudes Forums

Decreased metabolism in brain.

My PET scan showed "many areas of decreased metabolism" which the doctor says would explain many of my symptoms and indicates from what he saw in all my brain scans - auto-immunity.

Does anybody know what this means? I got the news through email so wasn't able to ask questions. I'm not sure I understand the brain and metabolism or PET scans.

But I can say that whatever they injected me with I had a MAJOR reaction to it and had to stay at the hospital with iv's following the pet scan. As many here may know by now, I have pretty severe reactions to everything medicinal or supplemental and or/ vitamins.....etc. I was so fatigued I could neither walk and my speech was slurred and my eyes were rolling back in my head. They had to lay me back with iv fluids and feed me to try to get blood sugar up. I fell asleep when back at the loft but was stuck in bed all day.

Anyways, just wondering what these results actually mean. Google was not helpful. Thanks.

I think it just means that there are many areas in the brain that are under functioning. You would see less uptake in the prefrontal part of the brain with someone who has adhd. The did studies where they would look at the brain again after taking a stimulant and it was working properly after. It sounds like there are more wide spread areas that are not functioning in your brain. How amazing that you had this done ! I hope you get to discuss the results soon.

I think it just means that there are many areas in the brain that are under functioning. You would see less uptake in the prefrontal part of the brain with someone who has adhd. The did studies where they would look at the brain again after taking a stimulant and it was working properly after. It sounds like there are more wide spread areas that are not functioning in your brain. How amazing that you had this done ! I hope you get to discuss the results soon.

Thanks, good explanation with the adhd. Yes I hope we can talk soon and discuss everything.

Apparently he says my results looked like auto-immunity - will post more as I learn.