ACN Latitudes Forums

Seeing Dr. J on Tuesday, what to expect?

If I remember correctly, our first appoitment was close to two hours (for each child). Obviously, he is brilliant or we wouldn't all be trying to go see him. But he is also very gentle, slow moving and a little hard of hearing. So be patient and speak loudly!

Logistically. When you arrive, go in and get a parking pass of the door and put it in your car.

They usually have urine sample cups and forms out for you to complete. They do all the bloodwork necessary right there, so that is convenient. They have a small t.v. with videotapes in the waiting room as well as some books and puzzles. The office staff, while a little abrubt sometimes, is actually very accomodating with the kids in the waiting room.

We've had visits where he's been right on time and others where we've had to wait up to 45 minutes or so. So be prepared to wait, just in case.

If you want to stay over night, I recommend the Suites at Yale-New Haven. Great accomodations. Not a lot of bells and whistles outside of the rooms, but the suites themselves are top notch with a very large, well appointed living/cooking/eating area and a separate bedroom with two queen beds. The price when we stayed there was $99/night.

http://www.ynhh.org/visitor-information/suites_at_ynhh.aspx

Good luck!!

Kara

Dr J is wonderful, and even though he is 82/83 and has thousands of patients he remembered my 3 YO, we last saw him I think in November and had our follow up last week. He rightly pegged her as "high maintenance" the first time we saw him. This visit she was wandering around his office, he spotted her and said "high maintenance". He still has it :) But talking loudly is a good idea, as is writing down your questions in advance so you remember what to ask. And heads up, the office is definitely in a bit of a time warp. It's sad to think how much money he has had to spend defending his right to practice and help patients. Good luck.