ACN Latitudes Forums

Erlichia and Anaplasmosis

What do you guys think of this? DS tested positive through Quest for both Ehrlichia chaffeensis IgG and Anaplasma IgG. IgM on both were negative and the report says past infection.

Still waiting on the rest of the lab results. Had so many things drawn it took two different draws. WB not back yet.

This is my PANS 9yo son.

Is it possible these results could be skewed by IVIG Nov 29 and 30?

Ferritin is still low.

In DD's case she had ehrilicia symptoms following what I now know was the Lyme onset, including severe respitory (sp??) issues - worst moment was she woke up at 5 am one day gasping for air, couldn't breath. Really terrifies me to know now what caused that, and how serious it could have been. I don't really trust any IGG/IGM stuff when it comes to Lyme & co. so we did go with 65 days total of Doxy for that. If i recall correctly DD was IGM for one and IGG for the other, maybe IGM + for ananplasmosis. I have found very little information on it generally and few even on the Lyme boards who have much info. A few of the moms on here have experience with it. My view is to treat Ehrlicia no matter what, 30 days seems to knock it out, rather than take the risk. If you are not that compfortable with 30 days the ID doc first gave a 5 day course.

I did read about the mortality rate. He's got zero symptoms of acute ehrlichia infection. He has an appt w/ his doctor. I also read you can be infected w/out symptoms.

I honestly cannot tell you when he was bitten by a tick. We never knew about it.

My biggest concern is what doxy might do to DS's teeth. He's 9 and has many more adult teeth not yet erupted. Any insights?

5 days will not do any dental harm. a longer course might, but the more I read on this topic the less it seemed a concern. Hubs and I decided if there is lasting damage that can't get bleached out we will get her caps. We decided we were willing to take the risk with the teeth. She has had some teeth come in since taking and I do not see any discoloration but I can't be certain until they all come in. Her teeth were very yellow I guess from all of these meds and dyes, she has been using Crest whitening toothpaste for about 6 weeks and now they look like regular kid's teeth. DD just turned 9.

Edited by Hopeny

I'm going to start a new thread but wanted you to know we've had a lot of success getting the yellow off the teeth after buying aOral B electric tooth brush for kids. I bought one after the last cleaning and his teeth are much less yellow than they would have been by now, three months later. It looks like he has/had ehrlichia.

I'm going to start a new thread but wanted you to know we've had a lot of success getting the yellow off the teeth after buying aOral B electric tooth brush for kids. I bought one after the last cleaning and his teeth are much less yellow than they would have been by now, three months later. It looks like he has/had ehrlichia.

Thanks, DD has a colgate pulsed one (I was cheap) but she barely turns it on. I will look into getting a better one... Dd's major ehrlicia symptoms as best as I can figure from the rest were respiratory - coughing, infection and red bumps.