Environmental and Nutritional Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health
This feature highlights reports, studies, and feedback on efforts that can make a positive impact in our quest for health. Topics we cover in this issue are included below. We invite you to share material with us that you think would be of interest to our readers.
- Why the Autism Research Institute changed its focus
- Five tips that can help improve a child’s behavior
- Breathing diesel fuel for just 2 hours increases inflammation!
- Easy ways to get a better sleep at night
- More evidence that gut microbes can help treat brain disorders
Why the Autism Research Institute changed its focus
The Autism Research Institute set the stage for biomedical treatments to improve symptoms of autism. The founder and director, Bernard Rimland, PhD, was on our medical board and it was an honor to work with him during his groundbreaking leadership. He was the first to make it clear that autism could, indeed, be treated. Under his guidance the Defeat Autism Now! Project was started, with conferences, medical recommendations, and a list of physicians to contact. Now that Dr. Rimland has passed, find out why the focus has shifted.