JIMMY’S DAD Last summer we changed our son’s daycare center to one closer to home. Jimmy, almost 3 years old now, had only been there a few weeks when we noticed that on occasion he […]
Press release October 1, 2015: A chemical in the brain could potentially be harnessed to help young people with Tourette Syndrome (TS) to overcome the physical and vocal tics associated with the neurological disorder, say […]
We frequently hear from people who find themselves overwhelmed by the diagnosis of Tourette syndrome. I’ve developed an article that I hope will serve as a quick reference and can be shared with others who are looking for an introduction to this increasingly common condition.
VIJENDRA SINGH, PH.D. Autoimmunity is a major cause underlying many chronic diseases. There are 85 or so human conditions that are generally considered autoimmune diseases. It is estimated that 55 million Americans suffer from autoimmune diseases, in which the body’s immune system becomes activated abnormally.
You can learn and participate on our active Forum for several conditions, including tics and Tourette syndrome. There’s nearly 5,000 topics on tics and Tourette’s alone. We’ve selected a handful of topics from among the […]
Rsearchers recently found that cognitive behavioral therapy normalized activity in a motor area of the brains of study participants with Tourette syndrome. The findings of the study were scheduled to be presented at the First […]
This message was received from a reader in the UK: I wonder if you could assist with what would be the best option for helping our 7-year-old son. He appears to have tics. Over the […]
It’s great that public awareness of Tourette syndrome has increased in recent years, yet a number of significant misconceptions remain. We’ve touched on some of these in our Dos and Don’ts infographic for the treatment […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on