ACN Latitudes Forums

My son's tics have stopped!

Santi

I want to share some thrilling new with all of you who have children with Tourettes. I started my son (age 7) on a product called "Empower Plus" (please see website for "True Hope"). This micronutrient was recommended by a naturepathic doctor to see if it would help my son's adhd, anxiety, rage, anger, and tic issues. Not only has it helped with anger and rage (he has not had a meltdown or broken anything in our home in 6 weeks!) but his tics (both vocal and motor) have gone from severe to extremely extremely mild to nothing at all most days of the week. This to me is truly amazing! There are many adults and children whom this product has worked for. Many conventinal doctors (psychiatrists) know about the product and are trying it out on their patients. It does not work for everyone but it certainly has gotten many adults and children off meds. It worth looking into. just thought I'd share the good news. Andrea

so it is basically just a multi with some extra ingredients?

Andrea, was your child on a multi before?

if so, what do you feel makes this one different?

just an FYI for anyone reading....I see this also has dl-phenylalanine, which can increase tics for anyone with TS because phenylalanine is dopaminergic. (it is one of the amino acids NOT recommended for people with TS for that reason)

However, there are also tremendous benefits from it re calming depression, self injury etc. My son took it (phenylalanine) for a short period for tourettic OCD some years back, and it was helpful, but we were advised only to use it short term

so it is basically just a multi with some extra ingredients?

Andrea, was your child on a multi before?

if so, what do you feel makes this one different?

just an FYI for anyone reading....I see this also has dl-phenylalanine, which can increase tics for anyone with TS because phenylalanine is dopaminergic. (it is one of the amino acids NOT recommended for people with TS for that reason)

However, there are also tremendous benefits from it re calming depression, self injury etc. My son took it (phenylalanine) for a short period for tourettic OCD some years back, and it was helpful, but we were advised only to use it short term

Hi Chemar,

This is the first time my son has been on a multivitamin. I'm told that its in much higher doses than what we are used to buying and its formulated in a way for better absorbtion. His tics have actually improved significantly among many other emotional problems. Andrea

I want to share some thrilling new with all of you who have children with Tourettes. I started my son (age 7) on a product called "Empower Plus" (please see website for "True Hope"). This micronutrient was recommended by a naturepathic doctor to see if it would help my son's adhd, anxiety, rage, anger, and tic issues. Not only has it helped with anger and rage (he has not had a meltdown or broken anything in our home in 6 weeks!) but his tics (both vocal and motor) have gone from severe to extremely extremely mild to nothing at all most days of the week. This to me is truly amazing! There are many adults and children whom this product has worked for. Many conventinal doctors (psychiatrists) know about the product and are trying it out on their patients. It does not work for everyone but it certainly has gotten many adults and children off meds. It worth looking into. just thought I'd share the good news. Andrea

That's great news! Please continue to keep us posted on your success!!

santi,

So glad you have found something that has helped. Is your child TS or do you think he has tics more from ADHD. I mean was the others issues he had worse then the tics? Just trying to see which area you believe your child suffered most. Could you discribe the vocal and motor tics your child had and how bad they were?

Chemar, did you say your son did try truehope's empower plus? If so what was the reason given not to stay on it for long?

CP

Hi CP, no, I was referring to the dl-phenylalanine that is in the empower plus. that was what my son was on short term

Andrea, as your child had not been on a multi-nutrient before I do think you are seeing the benefit from actually giving all the essential needed nutrients.

The formulation of the Empower Plus does look very pure :)

so glad it is working well!

• 1 month later...