ACN Latitudes Forums

Elevated IgG's, mean anything?

philamom

Well, I know your daughter has lyme and these are common co-infections to lyme. Our son had very high IGG levels for mycoplasma and normal IGM levels, but our doctor did muscle testing on him to correlate with the blood work and said that the mycoplasma was doing more damage to him than the strep and lyme at the time. However, the antibiotics that you use for the lyme treatment should also help with the C. Pneum and Mycoplasma. I know that Augmentin does not really help with Mycoplasma, but the rest do!

I also think that once you start clearing out the lyme, your daughter will be able to fight the other bacterias/viruses. Our son kept having repeated strep infections, even after 5 IVIG's and prophylactic antibiotics. This was before we discovered the lyme.

Elizabeth

I found an interesting article... I've been reading up on why children with Lyme have strep problems and vice versa. So, Lyme likes to hide itself as a complement. In the attached article they talk about the M proteins of the Strep Pyogenes binding to Factor H as well as Lyme binding to Factor H. It appears the two combined make for a mess... sound familiar? Anyway, as our LLMD said all of the following (stuff you listed) could present a problem when the body is in a HYPER IMMUNE response. I am not sure how he views the IgG over the IgM but you can definitely find some interest stuff on how Lyme binds to M proteins.

Unfortunately, some of it gets above my head and definitely could use BUSTER's help! BUSTER?

http://www.jimmunol.org/cgi/content/full/169/7/3847

I just received dd9 recent bloodwork. She had some elevated IgG's (not IgM). I was told it's not significant. Anyone disagree?

Elevated IgG:

Mycoplasma (slightly high)

Cytomegalovirus

C. Pneumoniae

HSV 1 IGG Type Specific AB

Herpes Virus 6

I just received dd9 recent bloodwork. She had some elevated IgG's (not IgM). I was told it's not significant. Anyone disagree?

Elevated IgG:

Cytomegalovirus

C. Pneumoniae

Herpes Virus 6

My dd had elevated HHV6 virus. She was treated for 6 months with antivirals and I think it really helped her to get that virus cleared.

Susan

Elevated IgG:

Cytomegalovirus

C. Pneumoniae

Herpes Virus 6

My dd had elevated HHV6 virus. She was treated for 6 months with antivirals and I think it really helped her to get that virus cleared.

Susan

Susan-

Was it IgM or IgG? I don't know why the integrative doctor didn't suggest an antiviral.

Hey there...

My entire family is testing off the charts MP IGG, but low on IGM. I emailed Dr. Murphy and she was not concerned, since this is common to have high IGG, but admits there's not a lot of research yet w/ PANDAS. I still made an appt with Infectious Disease doctor for my son at Nemours Children Hospital. The ID doctor was not concerned at all.... said we could treat him with antibiotics all day/ all year and we still might not be able to bring down the IGGs. The only thing I need to worry about is the IGMs.

Ofcourse I don't believe her... but what else can you do... see another doctor...

I'm going to an infectious disease md next week for a fever I've had since March that my primary can't figure out. I'll ask the doctor his opinion on IGG and report back. My results on the MP IGGs are crazy high.

Shannon

Susan-

Was it IgM or IgG? I don't know why the integrative doctor didn't suggest an antiviral.

I don't know actually, it was the titer, do you know what that would be? Our neurologist didn't suggest an antiviral but our Dan! did.

Susan

Susan-

I don't know actually, it was the titer, do you know what that would be? Our neurologist didn't suggest an antiviral but our Dan! did.

Susan

The easy answer doctors will tell you is IGM with high titers is current infection. IGG with high titers mean past infection. Doctors will argue that at one time or another everyone has contracted Mycoplasma Pneumonia, therefore everyone will have elevated IGGs. It's the same for Eptein Barr and we would all show exposure to it... for our children it's how they reacte to anything thank cranks their immune system, which I guess is pretty much any germ or allergy.

Susan-

Susan

Reference range for Herpesvirus 6 IGG is <1:10 (my daugher was 1:80)

The easy answer doctors will tell you is IGM with high titers is current infection. IGG with high titers mean past infection. Doctors will argue that at one time or another everyone has contracted Mycoplasma Pneumonia, therefore everyone will have elevated IGGs. It's the same for Eptein Barr and we would all show exposure to it... for our children it's how they reacte to anything thank cranks their immune system, which I guess is pretty much any germ or allergy.

Oh yes, this jogged my memory. It was the IgG because it was past infection. Our neurologist said in the presence of symptoms it could mean the viurs didn't clear properly and is causing neurologic symptoms. Her titer was pretty high.

Susan

Elevated IgG:

Cytomegalovirus

C. Pneumoniae

Herpes Virus 6

y

Edited by philamom

I think this is definitely a question for Dr. J. I wouldn't rule Lyme out or in at this point. I suspect he'll have other alternative testing to confirm on way or the other. As you know, 31 and 34 are very specific Lyme bands and many Dr's view an indeterminate response for these particular bands as 'its there'.

Edited by SF Mom

I think this is definitely a question for Dr. J. I wouldn't rule Lyme out or in at this point. I suspect he'll have other alternative testing to confirm on way or the other. As you know, 31 and 34 are very specific Lyme bands and many Dr's view an indeterminate response for these particular bands as 'its there'.

y

Edited by philamom