ACN Latitudes Forums

Probiotics

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you guys experiencing constipation prior to using the bentonite clay? We're having problems staying "regular" when it seems like everyone else posts about having the opposite problem when using antibiotics.

Depending on your particular chemistry and body make-up, it can be difficult for the gut to rid itself of all this detritus, particularly if you're not partaking in a high-fiber diet. I would think kids, especially, might be more prone to holding onto some gut detritus . . . at least mine would be . . . because "high fiber" is like a dirty phrase to him. :P We eat only whole-grain breads and he's pretty good about eating fresh fruit, but he's not big on greens or cereals, let alone bran muffins or bran cereal.

So, we decided to try the bentonite clay, and it appears to have worked for us. There was an immediate shift in his gut response, and quite honestly, his attitude, within the first week or so of using it.

Do you use this to calm down the stomach issues that they have with taking the antibiotics. My son is on day 14 on Zithro and has had a very intense stomach ache for the past two days. Should I run out and get something ASAP?

Can someone explain the intense stomach aches that my child is having. The doctor told me to give him Charcoal for this problem. Does anyone agree, or disagree?

surf city, is the pain constant or just right after the zithro is taken? I'm sorry, I don't have any real experience with it all. I do know that our child eats, sort of alot, with the zithro, which is liquid and drinks alot of juice and water with it to get it all down. If she doesn't eat quite a bit, she will get a tummy ache right after. I hope someone else can be of more help. I saw someone else post they had to stop zithro because of stomache discomfort. You may want to start a new post to pull in those people. Is the zithro working?

Symbion

Right now they are taking 1 a day but they took 2 a day for several months. They are ages 8 and 9 (50 and 80 lbs) and are taking 250 mg zithromax daily.

It's a pill. I open the capsule and mix with a smoothie for dd8 who can't swallow pills

I order it off the internet. http://www.symbionprobiotics.com/

I think it's really helped my girls yeast issues.

Symbion Ingredients: Bacillus coagulans (200 million CFU*), Bacillus subtilus (100 million CFU), Enterococcus faecium (100 million CFU), Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS).

Susan-

Is this a probiotic and antifungal?

Were you guys experiencing constipation prior to using the bentonite clay? We're having problems staying "regular" when it seems like everyone else posts about having the opposite problem when using antibiotics.

Nope, more the opposite. The dreaded "D" word. ;)

Oh, I guess we are just not the "norm" but then why start now?!!

Nope, more the opposite. The dreaded "D" word. ;)

Susan-

Here's another website that you might find helpful. They don't sell the symbion but they do promote it. It's how I decided to give it a try. I used it myself for several months. I don't know if it's an antifungal specifically but this explains what it is doing to the candida growth.

http://www.candidafree.net/threelac.htm

www.customprobiotics.com

D-Lactate Free Formula

1 trillion cfu per day (for each of my 30 and 50 lb. boys)

Whenever I increase it, I give activated charcoal 2 hours later (for a few days) to combat the die-off reaction.

I'm not sure if anyone answered this yet, but "die-off" or "herxing" with probiotics means that as the probiotics take up space in the gut, the bad yeast and bacteria start to die. As it is dying, it releases toxins that cause symptoms (fatigue, flu or cold-like symptoms, strange behavior or aggitation). When my son is experiencing yeast die off he acts very silly and drunk (slurs words, laughs at stupid things, walks like he's drunk, talks very loud). When he is experiencing bacteria die-off, he acts aggressive and mean.

Edited by Stephanie2

Susan-

Here's another website that you might find helpful. They don't sell the symbion but they do promote it. It's how I decided to give it a try. I used it myself for several months. I don't know if it's an antifungal specifically but this explains what it is doing to the candida growth.

http://www.candidafree.net/threelac.htm

Do you supplement this with other probiotics?

www.customprobiotics.com

D-Lactate Free Formula

1 trillion cfu per day (for each of my 30 and 50 lb. boys)

Whenever I increase it, I give activated charcoal 2 hours later (for a few days) to combat the die-off reaction.

I'm not sure if anyone answered this yet, but "die-off" or "herxing" with probiotics means that as the probiotics take up space in the gut, the bad yeast and bacteria start to die. As it is dying, it releases toxins that cause symptoms (fatigue, flu or cold-like symptoms, strange behavior or aggitation). When my son is experiencing yeast die off he acts very silly and drunk (slurs words, laughs at stupid things, walks like he's drunk, talks very loud). When he is experiencing bacteria die-off, he acts aggressive and mean.

How many pills does that equal out to a day? Do your boys swallow them or do you open and mix them?

How are your boys making out with their recent strep?

Could we start a response thread on probiotic usage?

What are you using?

What is the dosage? perhaps including per weight or age or per antibiotic

Is it a pill or powder?

Where do you get it?

Anything else that might be helpful about it.

Right now we're using Therbiotic Detoxification Support from Klaire Labs, no strep strains.

Where can this be purchased?

We give an adult Florastor capsule in the morning w/her abx, and then a Pearl probiotic at night. She drinks smoothies w/homemade raw-milk kefir and raw-milk yogurt when I make it (I try to alternate every -other-week.)

I was told by a chiro that I trust that we should be alternating the kinds of probiotics too, so I need to get some different strains to add in, I think.

• 2 months later...