ACN Latitudes Forums

IGENEX results

I don't know if IGG and IGM are the same b/c hubby has it at his office. It was just faxed over finally. Why is this significant? I'm waiting for him to call me to tell me.

In the meantime, someone posted on the lyme board.....

Both of those positive bands can be indicative of lyme. However, they are not incredibly specific for just lyme, as compared to some other bands, such as bands 31, 34, and 39. Band 41 is the least specific out there, indicating something with a flagella (tail). I read band 58 indicates "heat shock protein", but do not know what that means. It does indicate some infection-related issues which may be lyme or may not be lyme. Sorry, but this is the problem with these tests, they are often not that definitive. Hopefully you have an appointment with a lyme doctor coming up where you can get guidance from a doctor looking at these test results and also other factors (like symptoms).

I don't know if IGG and IGM are the same b/c hubby has it at his office. It was just faxed over finally. Why is this significant? I'm waiting for him to call me to tell me.

In the meantime, someone posted on the lyme board.....

Both of those positive bands can be indicative of lyme. However, they are not incredibly specific for just lyme, as compared to some other bands, such as bands 31, 34, and 39. Band 41 is the least specific out there, indicating something with a flagella (tail). I read band 58 indicates "heat shock protein", but do not know what that means. It does indicate some infection-related issues which may be lyme or may not be lyme. Sorry, but this is the problem with these tests, they are often not that definitive. Hopefully you have an appointment with a lyme doctor coming up where you can get guidance from a doctor looking at these test results and also other factors (like symptoms).

Yes, it's significant to know both results. The IGM result is an early response to the infection. The IGG response comes later.

As to Michael's comments, he's correct in that it is best for you to have any result interpreted by a lyme expert, as it will be viewed in conjunction with symptoms. Which is really the most important thing. In my opinion, I would not make hard and fast treatment decisions until this time. Can't remember, are you already lined up waiting for an appointment with llmd?

PMfry coke....it is negative. And, it is important to make hard and fast decisions when dealing with PANDAS...earlier treatment to bring down brain inflammation...the better.

I don't see what difference IGG or IGM would make...either would be negative because both band are not lyme specific....she actually had no specific bands. Or, is there a suggestion that she got the Lyme test drawn during that small time frame where after 4 weeks the IGM can be transitioning to IGG.....or that it was drawn in the small time frame where not all the IGM bands showed up?