ACN Latitudes Forums

Clear Bill of Health by Dr. K

4 ½ years post IVIG.

My son has been on 500 mg of keflex daily since.

Dr. K has recently taken him off – giving my son a clear bill of health.

I am nervous – but posting today to show that there is hope – it may take a while but

Your children CAN recover!

Again, there were times when I thought I was going to give up I couldn't sleep, eat, think , work, take care of my other children....it's like a nightmare that you can't share with your closest friends - they don't understand and even if they say they do they don't........when you have a bad day - know its ok....it's ok to get angry with the insurance companies - it's ok to get angry with the doctors....sometimes it takes a blow up to refocus...

All the Pandas Children and families are in my thoughts daily..

4 ½ years post IVIG.

I am nervous – but posting today to show that there is hope – it may take a while but

Again, there were times when I thought I was going to give up I couldn't sleep, eat, think , work, take care of my other children....it's like a nightmare that you can't share with your closest friends - they don't understand and even if they say they do they don't........when you have a bad day - know its ok....it's ok to get angry with the insurance companies - it's ok to get angry with the doctors....sometimes it takes a blow up to refocus...

Thank you so much for letting us know there is hope. Can I ask... Does well mean your son is 100% / 95%? How long has he been at the well point? So, was the treatment that worked one IVIG and 4 1/2 years of Keflex? Any therapy - CBT or ERP?

Please do keep us posted on how he does post treatment.

Thanks!!!

Antibiotics and steroids - then IVIG then Keflex...no CBT or ERP needed - he has been 100% symptom free for 2 1/2 years

thank you for sharing! just curious - is there a reason you did keflex...and for so long? I know Dr. usually does low dose amox for a year and then cuts you off! We are almost 5 weeks post our first and hopefully only ivig I'm wondering if that took weeks or months to see difference in your son. Do you attribute his healing to the ivig (and keflex to protect him?) or to the keflex and/or time? We traveled from California to see Dr. K in august. Thank you again for sharing your positive story.

PANDAS Chicago-Great to hear from you again! And the fantastic news is hope for us all.

Did your child have increases in behavioral symptoms when exposed to bacterial or viral infections or regular "sick" symptoms? If so, did you increase to full strength abx when that occurred? Do you feel puberty played any role in yours and Dr. K's comfort level in d/c of abx 2 1/2 years? Did you feel like it took more than a year post IVIG to get to 95%+?? I am curious too about the choice of abx...

Thank you so much for your cameo appearances of hope and encouragement!!

Jill

4 ½ years post IVIG.

Thank you so much for letting us know there is hope. Can I ask... Does well mean your son is 100% / 95%? How long has he been at the well point? So, was the treatment that worked one IVIG and 4 1/2 years of Keflex? Any therapy - CBT or ERP?

Please do keep us posted on how he does post treatment.

Thanks!!!

Antibiotics and steroids - then IVIG then Keflex...no CBT or ERP needed - he has been 100% symptom free for 2 1/2 years