ACN Latitudes Forums

Famous people with PANDAS? WDYT?

Here's some stuff I found quickly on line:

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/famous-ocd.shtml

Check out Jessica Alba and Charles Darwin. Stinks of PANDAS to me. Also really gotta wonder about Michael Jackson, who had lupus and of course vitiligo (an autoimmune skin condition)... and bad body image issues and OCD. In his autopsy, they also found arthritis and "chronically inflamed lungs". Hmmm... I actually got started on this thought while I had Jackson's "This is it" on the tube while I was working, and I thought as I watched, "I think he has [had] PANDAS...."

Einstein....He had OCD,possibly Aspergers.

Mozart died of strep.

i thought i heard mozart also had some tics...

Dan Akroid...had mysterious onset of tics with screaming vocals for several years that just went away one day...

someone else brought up HOward hughes

Edited by Fixit

Not that he has in real life, but I keep thinking of Jack Nicholson's character in "As good as it gets."

That and the mention of Einstein and Mozart just reinforces the notion that PANDAS people are bright, and even while "sick" they can be creative and productive, I think it is reasuring in a way.

I thought the same thing when I was going through the list of celebrities with issues. I do think people with PANDAS have "gifts", and PANDAS doesn't need to stop them.

Re. Einstein, we are friends with the Einstein family, and his daughter, interestingly, has lupus.

I was also thinking that someone with connections needs to reach out to some of these celebs who seem likely cases, like perhaps Jessica Alba and maybe even MJ's estate (I wonder about his kids...if they are even his children...) and draw some attention to the disease.

I thought the same thing when I was going through the list of celebrities with issues. I do think people with PANDAS have "gifts", and PANDAS doesn't need to stop them.

Re. Einstein, we are friends with the Einstein family, and his daughter, interestingly, has lupus.

I was also thinking that someone with connections needs to reach out to some of these celebs who seem likely cases, like perhaps Jessica Alba and maybe even MJ's estate (I wonder about his kids...if they are even his children...) and draw some attention to the disease.

from what i understand einsteins' grandson or greatgrandson is a doctor here in GA..treated a neighbor

I reached out to many celebrities with OCD and TS when doing the Pepsi project, including Jessica Alba, Howie Mandel, even Justin Timberlake amongst many more.

Edited by Vickie

I reached out to many celebrities with OCD and TS when doing the Pepsi project, including Jessica Alba, Howie Mandel, even Justin Timberlake amongst many more.

I reached out to Howie, also, after he shared the same day's "Bonnie Hunt Show" with Beth Maloney. I thought maybe he would start to look at his OCD a bit differently. Never heard back from him, though.

I do, however, highly recommend his book, "Here's the Deal: Don't Touch Me." It's hysterical and poignant, all at the same time.