ACN Latitudes Forums

11 days post IVIG #1

lynn

DS14 finished IVIG on Thursday a week ago. A little headache on Friday. Actually told me he was done with OCD on Saturday because he felt so much better. By Sunday, however, he was as bad as I have seen him and we are now actually following a descending curve with no end in sight. This is really hard. I was trying to help him with his back to school essay and the poor kid couldn't stop his OCD stuff long enough to focus on what he wanted to say. Finally I remembered ibruprofen and gave him some and then he could focus and his OCD, although still significant and disabling, was enough less that he could finish the assignment. DH, never particularly on board with the IVIG theory, has now jetisonned it altogether and is asking why DS is still on antibiotics since IVIG hasn't worked.

I knew at the time that this could happen, and even explained it to DS and DH. As several here have pointed out, living through the reality is quite a different thing. I'm hoping that I will be able to post something happier in a week or two. It is hard to believe right now that I will. Current plan is to go to ibruprofen every six hours to get him through day one of school (Wednesday). And hope.

Lynn, so sorry to hear this :(. We too are on the other side of IVIG and it has not been easy. I truly feel for what you are going through and wish I could do or say something to make it all better. Stay strong and focused...better time are surely ahead even though it seems like they can't get here fast enough.