ACN Latitudes Forums

Turning back the pages

bmom

For those of you that have had turning back the pages post IVIG with tics, what does that look like? This is my sons 2nd IVIG. With his first, I would not say there was a clear turning back pages. It was more a gradual improvement. He had his second IVIG almost 3 weeks ago. The last few days, he has had multiple tics going. He is on Saving Sammy dose Augmentin so I dont think I can really up that. I do not know if this is turning back pages or a bad situation. He was doing pretty well prior to IVIG when he started the Augmentin, but he had such a bad few months prior that we were already scheduled for IVIG and moved forward. I guess I thought turning of the pages would be more of a blip of an old tic and then gone, not move in to stay!!! What are everyones thoughts??

Edited by bmom

We had a brand-new vocal tic "move in and stay" about 6 weeks after IVIG round 1, even though most other symptoms improved dramatically during that 6-week period. But our son wasn't on high-dose abx at the time (only 500 mg of augmentin once daily), and subsequent infections triggered a relapse. Not sure if this tic was triggered by IVIG itself or strep exposure after the procedure.

Tics got bad, very bad, still have tics 14 months later. More come and go type small tics now. After ivig approx 4 weeks her movements were large and strong. I still wonder why ivig helps some with tics and others get worse. Now my dd gets monthly and we see tics minimized after each ivig and then return stronger approx two weeks after each ivig. I think dosage and timing is everything. I wish we could have cunningham measure pre and post ivig to see what is really happening 6 weeks out.