ACN Latitudes Forums

red dye found in zithromax

has anyone experienced problems from the dye found in most of our antibiotics? Our rx of zithro (tablets) has red dye #40. I posted earlier saying that it has been 5 days now that my dd has been on it. I feel like it is spiking her tics - everyone thinks I am over reacting, but it is a real concern for me. I can not say positively that she reacts to it but it is a motherly hunch I guess... Has anyone experienced this?

red40 is known to have a very negative impact on neurology

I thought most people here get the dye free version of azithromycin?

I asked about it and was told we would have to get it from a compounding pharm. and that we would probably have to pay in full. It is close to 500$ from what I was told. Even the small amount in the pill can cause probs?

Cheri, what do you mean by natural antibiotics? Like what?

Hi

we use assorted ones at different times and for different purposes...... but do remember we are not using these to treat PANDAS, so I am not suggesting anyone should stop rx abx if they are treating a child with PANDAS

here are some of the ones we use:-

monolaurin(lauric acid = lauricidin from coconuts)

olive leaf extract

organo oil (alone and as part of Candida Clear which also has caprylate, wormwood,pau d'arco,uno de gato aka cat's claw, black walnut)

mastic gum

curcumin/turmeric

garlic

raw honey

unfiltered apple cider vinegar

cinnamon

L-lysine

We have it compounded at a compounding pharmacy and insurance pays for it. I have only ever paid a copay for it each time.

I asked about it and was told we would have to get it from a compounding pharm. and that we would probably have to pay in full. It is close to 500$ from what I was told. Even the small amount in the pill can cause probs?

We have it compounded at a compounding pharmacy and insurance pays for it. I have only ever paid a copay for it each time.

found a pharmacy that carries the dye free zithro in our area - with only an hour to spare before closing - my husband raced down there and was able to pick up only 2 because our insurance was not going to cover it since we just filled the original rx 5 days ago. The pharmacy was great and suggested we buy just 2 to get us through until Tuesday when the insurance could be reached and we could plead our case for coverage. Crazy! The abx costs 479$. They were close to 27$ a pill. SO we have to pray they cover this for us because it will be a very expensive road to go down. HOWEVER I am grateful to have gotten the dye free. Amazing that they have to put that stuff in a pill. It is swallowed so what is the point?

I saw this post the other day & didn't read b/c it didn't pertain to us until tonight. My daughter went to b-day party & the only thing they had to drink was kool-aid juice bags-red. After her second she started to break out in facial and a few body hives-it's the onyl thing I could contribute it to would be red dye-something she rarely has & never in the concentration she had tonight. INteresting topic-I'll be more aware next time. If her tics return tonight it'll really make me crazy!!

I had no idea it was banned in the UK & Canada-I just had to add that my husband said to me as soon as I got upstairs after posting my daughter's suspected rxn to too much red dye "Is she due for meds b/c I can hear her vocal tic"-I have to note I haven't noticed this in a few weeks- Amazing!