ACN Latitudes Forums

myco P and IVIG

I was away from the board for awhile, and missed out on the new things like lyme and myco. I've been reading a lot more since our IVIG with Dr. K in July.

Am trying to figure out the myco P stuff. My son was exposed to strep (but did not get sick) twice around the time that his PANDAS began when he was 4. But he also had walking pneumonia twice when he was 2. Since he was 4 he's been on preventative and high doses of zithro at different times.

Dr. K tested the ASos and IgGs and such, but not myco. Should I be concerned about that at this point, or does the IVIG and the initial 2 week high dosage of augmentin followed by daily maintenance augmentin take care of that? If not, how long do you have to wait post IVIG to test for myco-p? People mention the rage associated it, and that makes me curious because that has always been one of my son's issues (along with others).

Sorry if this has been covered--I've been searching through the archives and trying to find a simple discussion.

Thanks!

I was away from the board for awhile, and missed out on the new things like lyme and myco. I've been reading a lot more since our IVIG with Dr. K in July.

Am trying to figure out the myco P stuff. My son was exposed to strep (but did not get sick) twice around the time that his PANDAS began when he was 4. But he also had walking pneumonia twice when he was 2. Since he was 4 he's been on preventative and high doses of zithro at different times.

Dr. K tested the ASos and IgGs and such, but not myco. Should I be concerned about that at this point, or does the IVIG and the initial 2 week high dosage of augmentin followed by daily maintenance augmentin take care of that? If not, how long do you have to wait post IVIG to test for myco-p? People mention the rage associated it, and that makes me curious because that has always been one of my son's issues (along with others).

Sorry if this has been covered--I've been searching through the archives and trying to find a simple discussion.

Thanks!

My son had myco p also...just tics..that is ds presentation to infections

maybe for some they present different symptoms with different illnesses..idk

PS ..this is also when it went into his legs...and there are articles about myco p and restless legs

Edited by Fixit