ACN Latitudes Forums

any supplements for allergies?

mom2ck

Son is having problems with allergies this week. We have done claritin before and have a prescription that we have never filled for allergies. Anyway, wanting something natural to deal with this as it causes him so many problems and more tics. Suggestions?

local raw honey is one of the best things to help allergies

depending on what kind of allergy you are dealing with, there are assorted herbal remedies that can help. I hear good things about the herb butterbur

here is iHerb's list...scroll down to the allergies you are interested in and click thru to get the supp recommendation

http://healthlibrary...&chunkiid=33800

Dr Weil's site also has good allergy info

http://www.drweil.com/

Hi mom2ck, we found an amazing natural cough and allergy syrup. It's base is honey extract and is child safe. The flavour is a bit strong but my ds takes it because he's seen it works. Some of his tics resemble post nasal drip symptoms or maybe that's just what they are and have been bulked into his vocal tics...anyhow this stuff really works for him, it's called Nin Jiom Cough Syrup here's there website if you want the full ingredient list but it is all naturally sourced. www.njherbal.com It says it's for productive cough but works for sniffing, sinus stuff, you name it. He finds it helps for dust and mold school allergies as well! Good luck. Megan

Thanks for the butterbur recommendation. Just minutes ago I placed an order on iherb.com and forgot to check here first. So, it will have to wait until next time. As for the local honey, my neighbor is wanting to try collecting honey. He also said it was good for all the allergies. I will have to see if I can find some. I also found some natural cough medicine today that was honey based. Willing to try it to find something that works.