ACN Latitudes Forums

IgG Results

Lynn777

Just got our IgG back. Feeling a little overwhelmed. Gluten, oats, all dairy, eggs, aspergillus niger, orange and soy beans all came back high. Casein, tuna, wheat, rye, spelt, peanut, mushroom, cilantro & grapefruit all came back moderate.

The dairy is really stressing me out. Any advice/suggestions are very much appreciated.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on this whole IgG thing? Anyone else have great success with elimination?

Thanks,

Lynn

Just got our IgG back. Feeling a little overwhelmed. Gluten, oats, all dairy, eggs, aspergillus niger, orange and soy beans all came back high. Casein, tuna, wheat, rye, spelt, peanut, mushroom, cilantro & grapefruit all came back moderate.

The dairy is really stressing me out. Any advice/suggestions are very much appreciated.

Also, what's everyone's thoughts on this whole IgG thing? Anyone else have great success with elimination?

Thanks,

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

My son (age 5) came back with 20 IgG positives to food, including most of what you listed. It is very overwhelming at first, and for quite a while, but after one year this month, it our new normal. It's not always easy, but we've adapted and will continue to do whatever it takes. There is a lot of information about the IgG tests not being accurate, but it helped us to see that our son was dealing with a leaky gut. We just had him retested after a complete elimination diet of gluten, soy, dairy, egg, corn and many others, and his allergens our way down. We continue to avoid most of them, even though he shows mild sensitivity only. We don't want to go back to where we were. And we are all healthier!! Please let me know if you have any questions. Our son is very allergic to mold as well, we just had our finished drywall in our basement opened up to remove mold this week- like I said..whatever it takes:)

Thanks! How old is your son? Was it hard to implement with school? Did you find the diet changes made a difference in his tics? I really appreciate any advice, I don't want to deprive him, but on then other hand I want him to be healthy & minimize the tics as much as possible.

My doctor strongly feels there is a link between gluten, dairy & the nero issues...

Thanks! How old is your son? Was it hard to implement with school? Did you find the diet changes made a difference in his tics? I really appreciate any advice, I don't want to deprive him, but on then other hand I want him to be healthy & minimize the tics as much as possible.

My doctor strongly feels there is a link between gluten, dairy & the nero issues...

My son is 5 and has handled everything very well! We also had to stay away from corn and corn derivatives for the past year, which was much harder than gluten, dairy, or soy in my opinion. Corn products are moldy so it all makes sense. He always took his own snack at preschool, and he never complained about it...ever! And now in K he will have a packed lunch and take his own digestive enzymes w/ his meal, and I don't forsee any problems. His tics are way better, they are very much related to his allergies. And all of his tics could easily be allergy symptoms - throat clearing, scratching, etc. Never any major tics like head jerking or anything like that. He is being treated for a leaky gut, and things are better, he is so much healthier, never gets sick anymore. The tics are minimal when they are there, but I know overall we have made progress. And although he hasn't always enjoyed the meals I've tried to make him, he has been on board with it all 100% of the time...at times when I wanted to give up, but he just kept going:)

Hi Lynn,

We're newbies at this, so I'm not sure how much my feedback can be taken into consideration...

I haven't had the IvG recommended yet. But my son is half way through his skin prick allergy tests. The allergist started with the most common allergies. We already knew there was some sensitivity to dairy, and had eliminated it by the time of his test. Even so, it came back as the highest allergy. Others were slightly elevated (corn, egg, concord grapes, chiken, rice -- all staples in what we thought was a pretty healthy diet) and the allergist gave us a four day rotation for them, so we're not having to eliminate them entirely.

The dairy has not been as hard as I would have thought. Probably because we can still do soy (at least I'm pretty sure there are no major issue there...) The biggest things with the dairy have been no ice cream, for the obvious reasons, and then cheeses, which he ate frequently. But after only a few weeks my son's accepting of the dairy deal. I think he knows its for the best.

Our home routine has definitely changed. We're super vigilant about what goes into his body, and our food costs have already gone up noticeably.

We've been lucky during his first week at school, because he's fancied taking meals in a thermos thingy. We heat him up (or send in cold) some left overs and he likes that more that the boring old sandwiches.

Taking trips is another issue. Already I don't like having to leave, since how to eat on the road and while visiting will always be a hard task.

I wish you good luck figuring out how to manage things, and please post any tips you find to work for you.

Chris