ACN Latitudes Forums

Natural Calm & Hypnosis Questions

Hello again. I have two different questions that I'm hoping some of the experienced moms can help me with. :)

1. I bought some of the (original) Natural Calm and I am planning to give some to my daughter (and also to me to see if it helps with my sleep troubles as well). I read a few posts about diarrhea as a side effect of the Natural Calm. I'm planning to give her only 1/4 teaspoon to start and see what happens. Any ideas on how long it might take to have an effect and when, if ever, should I try increasing the dosage. If it doesn't do well with her gastro-wise, do I continue and see if it goes away?

2. Has anyone tried hypnosis to lessen, elminate or re-direct tics? I'm having an email conversation with a women very familiar with tics and TS. She had good success helping her 8 year old niece re-direct her somewhat mild tics to her toe. It sounds like a "too good to be true" alternative route, but it is quite $$ and apparently takes a number of visits for success. Does anyone have any personal exp with this?

Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again. I have two different questions that I'm hoping some of the experienced moms can help me with. :)

1. I bought some of the (original) Natural Calm and I am planning to give some to my daughter (and also to me to see if it helps with my sleep troubles as well). I read a few posts about diarrhea as a side effect of the Natural Calm. I'm planning to give her only 1/4 teaspoon to start and see what happens. Any ideas on how long it might take to have an effect and when, if ever, should I try increasing the dosage. If it doesn't do well with her gastro-wise, do I continue and see if it goes away?

2. Has anyone tried hypnosis to lessen, elminate or re-direct tics? I'm having an email conversation with a women very familiar with tics and TS. She had good success helping her 8 year old niece re-direct her somewhat mild tics to her toe. It sounds like a "too good to be true" alternative route, but it is quite $$ and apparently takes a number of visits for success. Does anyone have any personal exp with this?

Thank you!!

hi - we tried hypnosis with our dd9 and it did not work for us. We went to a very reputable doc that claimed to have helped a boy with TS and even has video to show you the proof. It did seem amazing and we were sold. We were told up front very honestly that self hypnosis will only work if the person is motivated to change. There is "homework" to do at home on your own - meaning the child goes home and practices the hypnosis techniques up to 5 times a day. The parent is not supposed to have anything to do with it only the child is in control of this. I would say if your child is bothered by his tics then it might be for you. My dd still does not care much and it has not impacted her life much (it kills me however)which is why it did not work for us I think. Be careful though it is very expensive. Send me a pm if you want more info. good luck.

Thank you!!

Hi Cidermill,

I can only talk about what i know, and i know about EH (eriksonian hypnosis) and NLP (neuro linguitic programming).

I have used it and i have been trained to that, but i have no experience with hypnosis and nlp on TS.

however, what i can tell, is that EH and NLP are supposed to be short therapy, meaning that you should not have to spend more that 5 to 10 sessions to see a cure (or not).

what i can also tell, is that EH and NLP are not requiring exercice (generally not) at home and are mostly done in a conversation mode... results are impressive generally...

from what i know, and what i heard, i think it might work...

My wife has TS, and i cannot "try" on her since she does not accept the fact that she has TS... she is pretty sure (and her parents keep telling her) that is just because of stress...

hi - we tried hypnosis with our dd9 and it did not work for us. We went to a very reputable doc that claimed to have helped a boy with TS and even has video to show you the proof. It did seem amazing and we were sold. We were told up front very honestly that self hypnosis will only work if the person is motivated to change. There is "homework" to do at home on your own - meaning the child goes home and practices the hypnosis techniques up to 5 times a day. The parent is not supposed to have anything to do with it only the child is in control of this. I would say if your child is bothered by his tics then it might be for you. My dd still does not care much and it has not impacted her life much (it kills me however)which is why it did not work for us I think. Be careful though it is very expensive. Send me a pm if you want more info. good luck.

hello keeptrying,

sorry to have taken too much time to answer you (you did answer my previous post on hypnosis)

I am sorry to hear that hypnosis did not work for you... eriksonian hypnosis or nlp should overcome the fact that your DD does not care, as the practitioner would "suggest" to his/her subconscient other way to fulfill the need... it might sound strange, but i am not really fluent in english to really express it differently, you may want to discuss by phone with a EH practitioner in order to understand how he would work on that...