ACN Latitudes Forums

Anxiety survey

Last week we went to my son's PANDAS doctor and she asked me to complete this survey for a grad student. It is about anxiety and the paper I was given said that you are eligible to complete whether or not your child has a lot of anxiety or not. It is completely anonymous and the goal of the project is to better understand parent's attitudes and feelings aobut using effective strategies to help their child manage anxiety.

Our doctor said that the student needs LOTS of responses and I said I knew of a great group of parents that might be willing to help. As a result she wanted the website address when she heard there was a board for PANDAS parents that was so active.

Here's the link

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22APTCQCDAV

It took me about 15 minutes.

Last week we went to my son's PANDAS doctor and she asked me to complete this survey for a grad student. It is about anxiety and the paper I was given said that you are eligible to complete whether or not your child has a lot of anxiety or not. It is completely anonymous and the goal of the project is to better understand parent's attitudes and feelings aobut using effective strategies to help their child manage anxiety.

Our doctor said that the student needs LOTS of responses and I said I knew of a great group of parents that might be willing to help. As a result she wanted the website address when she heard there was a board for PANDAS parents that was so active.

Here's the link

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22APTCQCDAV

It took me about 15 minutes.

Took the survey...that was quite long!!

wow. Long is right. And quite confusing. I really struggled with those questions - I mean if you actually thought that the treatment for anxiety would be "harmful to your child", then of course, you would feel underconfident in doing the treatment, right? But I don't feel that way - so how the heck do you answer then? I felt like most questions lead you to a pretty specific answer, because it never asked you if you felt the way that the question implied you would feel. Who is the mom here that writes surveys? I think you need to help redesign!

I have to agree with Meg's Mom. I took the survey, but I felt like it wasn't especially well-designed and therefore I may have inherently given an inaccurate response to some of the questions. I tried to just "go with my gut," so I hope I didn't confuse this poor graduate student! :blink: