ACN Latitudes Forums

I need a Pandas "Flyer" for her teacher

Hi All,

I am trying to get her school to understand a bit about her problem so she doesn't end up with another (last years was a____well she should have a broom stick) teacher talking down to her and punishing her non-stop. I'd like something official looking that describes the symptoms and disease a bit.

Anyone have one?

Thanks!

Kristy

Edited by Kristy S

I can email you a great article written by a PANDAS mom and published in a magazine a few months back. It's the best article I've seen to date (especially for teachers/schools). I'll pm you.

Can you link the article here, or PM me too? I would really like to have something to share with our school as well.

The School Nurse Article and the FAQ (I suggest printing it from PandasResourceNetwork if you want it to look a little more "official") are good suggestions from others. Is your child exhibiting OCD symtpoms? I also have an article entitled "OCD and the Role of School Personnel." It helps explain OCD and what is happening, but it also has suggestions for accomodations that can be made. PM me is you want it.

Kara

Hi Kara,

Will you send me the handout as well? I tried to send you a PM but it's not working??

You can send it to info@pandasresourcenetwork.org or PM me and I'll give you my personal email address.

Mucho Gracious,

Lynn Johnson

The School Nurse Article and the FAQ (I suggest printing it from PandasResourceNetwork if you want it to look a little more "official") are good suggestions from others. Is your child exhibiting OCD symtpoms? I also have an article entitled "OCD and the Role of School Personnel." It helps explain OCD and what is happening, but it also has suggestions for accomodations that can be made. PM me is you want it.

Kara