ACN Latitudes Forums

Loss of skin color

My son age 6 was treated quickly for PANDAS this summer. He was treated with antibiotics and steroids. He is now at 110%. My question is about the large white spot that developed on his hip. The spot appeared during the first day or two of his PANDAS symptoms. Main symptom was spitting out all of his food and not being clean enough. He is all better but that spot is still there. Just came back from the beach. He is all tan except for that spot. Is this immune system related? Anyone ever heard of this before? The spot is about as large as the palm of my hand.

My son had this all over his entire body when he was at his most severe, PANDAS wise. I felt like it was some sort of autoimmune issue with the melatonin in this skiin.

Since then, both of my kids have had the white spots on their faces only. It looks as if they just put sunscreen on one big area of their cheeks because they will get a suntan everywhere else.

Interesting.......

My daughter has a white spot on her leg. I'm not sure when it happened but it never went back to her skin color. I just thought she scratched a cut into a scar. ???

My daughter also has a broken capillary on her nose that definetely happened during her first major onset 3 years ago. You can see it in her before/after photos. During episodes it becomes bright red and when she is doing better, it subsides.

It could be vitiligo...My husband has it...the last two years it has gotten worse mostly on his hands. It looks much worse in the summer because he tans pretty dark, and those spots are very white. You cannot notice it in the winter.

I also think my husband has a really mild TS or PANDAS...so maybe it is related.

I've been googling it a lot lately. There isn't much info on it. It is considered to be autoimmune--and benign. We told Dr. L about my husband's case last summer, and she just said these kids are genetically vulnerable to autoimmune conditions.

Other conditions that seem to keep coming up in my searches are celiac disease and pernicious anemia...as possible underlying causes of this condition...but I think most of time it is considered to be okay.

My dd has two of these spots. Treated for pandas with IVIG nearly 2 years ago and is 100%. She still has them.

When first noted, she was having major changes in personality and issues with her brain, they thought she might have a form of tuberous sclerosis, since part of the manifestation of tuberous sclerosis is that can affect the brain (nodules and tumors form) AND skin changes which include white patches. But then, we were searching high and low for anything that could be causing her change.

She has a fairly large one on the back of her neck and the other one is smaller, on the back of her leg.

My son age 6 was treated quickly for PANDAS this summer. He was treated with antibiotics and steroids. He is now at 110%. My question is about the large white spot that developed on his hip. The spot appeared during the first day or two of his PANDAS symptoms. Main symptom was spitting out all of his food and not being clean enough. He is all better but that spot is still there. Just came back from the beach. He is all tan except for that spot. Is this immune system related? Anyone ever heard of this before? The spot is about as large as the palm of my hand.

My ds has a spot of vitiligo on his back and it is an autoimmune issue. It popped up a few years ago and don't have any idea how it corresponded with PANDAS. HOWEVER when talking to our Doctor we were able to identify that he already had an autoimmune marker- which seems to help the PANDAS discussion. My dad has it but both of my parents have 2 autoimmune diseases each...so he got the genetic lottery! LOL!

The white spots are a form of eczema. Our daughter, 10 has had eczema since the age of 2. She always had the red itchy spots, but for some reason this summer we noticed the white spots. We took her to the dermatlogists and he prescribed us an ointment (sorry forget the name) and they are gone. He said that once they clear up that the areas would tan with the rest of her body, and they did. :) Our 11 year old son was diagnosed with PANDAS May of 09 (is doing great) and we have never had any skin issues (knock on wood).

I do not believe that my dd's is eczema. My dd's are patchs of hypopigmented area, not itchy, not scaly, no redness, just normal looking skin, but whiter than the rest of her. She has had a fairly significant work up and in my dd's case, I truly believe it is related to autoimmune issues.

I do not believe that my dd's is eczema. My dd's are patchs of hypopigmented area, not itchy, not scaly, no redness, just normal looking skin, but whiter than the rest of her. She has had a fairly significant work up and in my dd's case, I truly believe it is related to autoimmune issues.

Same here,just one spot shaped like a skinny worm. Not itchy, red...just hypopigmented.