ACN Latitudes Forums

mycoplasma testing

Someone, I forget who, recently mentioned that not all mycoplasma testing is accurate and I would like to know what are the available tests for myco. My daughter tested high for it and was retested today, so we should find out the results next week when they come back from Mayo. I believe her test was called MPA IgG & IgM,S.

What other tests cover myco?

Thank you!

PANDAS McNuggets w/fry/coke

Oh geez... it was me.

It was our LLMD that mentioned how difficult mycoplasma can be to test for and how it can create very serious issues for a child similar to Lyme. Our son's results are currently negative and he was very focused on 'WHAT LAB' ran the tests. He said we may revisit testing for mycoplasma in the future but he did not say who he uses to test or any additional specifics. I will ask the next time we meet with him.

I'm sure others may be able to help.

-Wendy

Someone, I forget who, recently mentioned that not all mycoplasma testing is accurate and I would like to know what are the available tests for myco. My daughter tested high for it and was retested today, so we should find out the results next week when they come back from Mayo. I believe her test was called MPA IgG & IgM,S.

What other tests cover myco?

Thank you!

So it sounds like the reliability is more where the test is sent vs. WHICH test. Thanks Wendy. Does anyone else know if there is more than one type of myco test?

Thanks so much!

I know there is bloodwork done that will only give a - or + for myco. If your dr. ordered the IgM and IgA's I think you will be ok. Just have it drawn at a hospital instead of a walk in lab. Hope this helps.

Hi Everyone, It's been awhile since I've posted. I needed to take a break for my families sake and my own. A few months ago, I had a Comprehensive DNA stool analysis done on my son through Amy yasko. It shows he has strep and HIGH MYCOPlasma in his gut. I couldn't believe it. I know that my sons Cam kinase showed him in the Pandas range but I wanted to know if he had strep hiding somewhere else in his body. The stool test is very accurate. I have been reading alot on the Amy yasko discussion group and the members say the test is very accurate. Alot of the members have had strep and mycoplasma in their child's gut and it was confirmed by the DNA stool test. Amy Yasko has supplements that are supposed to address strep and mycoplasma in the gut. They are called Immunfactor 5 for strep and Immunfactor 9 for mycoplasma. Amy Yasko commented on my sons tests results that my sons mycoplasma was VERY HIGH and we needed to get it down, by adding Immunfactor 9. I was concerned that the Immunfactor 9 had antibodies in it. But Amy yasko said it does not. The Immunfactor 9 is very expensive and hard to get in Canada, so I had to wait a bit to order it and I needed some take to think about it. I read and read alot more on the Amy yasko discussion group and have found that alot of members have stool tested their child and found strep or mycoplasma in their child's gut and have used the Immunfactors with some other supplements. Then a few months later, retested their child and their child's numbers on the stool test went down. Their child's symptoms were better too. Has anyone tried these Immunfactors before or does anyone have any comments for me. Thanks Char...

I wish I had more to offer. My dd tested off the charts for an IGG Myco infection. Most docs elect not to treat as it was considered to be a past infection. One other doc (and a few other I have learned about since) are looking at that old infection as quite suspicious...almost acts lyme-like. We elected to treat it with Biaxin and within one month her IGG number dropped 170 points, and her behaviors improved accordingly. I am a believer in treating old myco for sure. I would be interested in learning more about the stool DNA testing to see if we get similar results.

I just had testing for mycoplasma today myself & they did draw it at the doctor's lab after checking if they could. They had to send it to a special lab b/c the doc said it was a blood culture test. My kids were always negative on their labwork for this.