ACN Latitudes Forums

Bipolar or ADHD

Was Dx'd with Bipolar 10 years ago, then told last yr from another Dr. that I wasn't Bipolar but ADHD. Been pretty Manic all my life, not bad, just really up. No really bad depressions either. 3 weeks into Surgical Tech school, was told by son's Dr. that I should try Adderall. (both daughter and son have ADHD) So I started it. WOW I couldn't believe how much focus I had, how much I had slowed down. It was like going from 1,000 MPH to about 45 MPH.

After 2 months on it, one day got very confused, couldn't really understand thing around me. This lasted about a week. BP was 157/118, which is considered hypertension. I also have Factor V Leiden (blood clotting problem) I clot to much, and I take asperin for that. Had MRI of brain, 1 week later showed no stroke. Mind was getting back to normal. Still don't know what caused this?

Dr. said that Adderall does NOT give you high BP, Neurologist said it DOES, and to quit taking it, because, I have Factor V Leiden (genetic) a high BP from adderall, and smoke, all risks of getting a stroke.

So who do I believe? Do I go off the adderall, and start going 1,000 MPG or do I stay on adderall and risk getting a stroke?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

Wendy

Hi Wendy

you will find that many of us here have a negative view of many of these drugs as we have seen firsthand the bad side effects they can have

I have no personal experience with adderall but I know of some people who actually feel it induced BiPolar type symptoms, so I would personally be very wary of it

Hi Wendy

you will find that many of us here have a negative view of many of these drugs as we have seen firsthand the bad side effects they can have

I have no personal experience with adderall but I know of some people who actually feel it induced BiPolar type symptoms, so I would personally be very wary of it

After of these last 2 weeks, d searching GOOGLE from, mini stroke, Projesterone cream, Factor V Leiden, and not until this week, adding Adderall to that mix, I'm still not getting anything!

Thanks for the comment Cheri, Hope someone that reads this can steer me in th right direction. My doctors are completely CONFUSING ME!