ACN Latitudes Forums

Olive Leaf Extract

We tried it a couple of years ago in addition to prophylactic abx (not instead of), because some folks on this forum recommended it. Tried it for several months but didn't notice any impact, so we discontinued. I believe others on here have seen better results with it, but not sure if it was to supplement abx or replace them?

Before I discovered the entire PANDAS diagnosis, I used quite high levels of olive leaf extract, vitamin C, and the enzyme

Virastop by Enzymedica to eliminate a plague of warts that DS had. That combination was also quite effective in eliminating tics and OCD. Several years later, as part of the current exacerbation, I tried Olive Leaf Extract again, and it was somewhat effective in making things better. Not aure why the difference, whether the other two supplements improved things more or whether he no longer responded to the OLE. Then I moverd to ABX, so I stopped the OLE (Olive Leaf Extract makes abx less effective, so don't use them together.)

(Olive Leaf Extract makes abx less effective, so don't use them together.)

How does OLE make abx less effective? Our DAN doctor started my son on OLE recently - he's rotating 5 antivirals, including a prescription and several herbals. DS is still on abx, however, so if OLE impacts it, why would our DAN have him on both at the same time?

Before I discovered the entire PANDAS diagnosis, I used quite high levels of olive leaf extract, vitamin C, and the enzyme

Virastop by Enzymedica to eliminate a plague of warts that DS had. That combination was also quite effective in eliminating tics and OCD. Several years later, as part of the current exacerbation, I tried Olive Leaf Extract again, and it was somewhat effective in making things better. Not aure why the difference, whether the other two supplements improved things more or whether he no longer responded to the OLE. Then I moverd to ABX, so I stopped the OLE (Olive Leaf Extract makes abx less effective, so don't use them together.)

Lynn, I had to post! My son is having a huge relapse with PANDAS, so I have been back lurking trying to find out how to help him this time around and I noticed something you said. "eliminate a plague of warts that DS had" About a month ago we noticed my son has little warts growing. In is arm pits, shoulders,tops of feet, elbows, and knees. Is there a cause for these that you are aware of?

Edited by trubiano

I use a rotation of OLE, Oil of Oregano and Advanced Biocidin. Can someone give me some more info on why OLE/OoO reduces efficacy of antibiotics?

I think that in DS's case the warts were caused by a virus of some sort. But they were real warts,and there are a lot of rashes that might look like little warts and be something else. (Not particularly helpful, I know.) Anyway the combo of Virastop and Oliveleaf extract did the trick and also improved the behaviors, OCD and tics for a while, until the next exacerbation...

As far as why OLE interacts with antibiotics, I don't have much except that I was told by a DAN doctor not to use them together.

Lynn, did he specifically say why you should not use them together? I am just wondering b/c if it is that the OLE will reduce efficacy, then that's a problem, but if it's b/c he is afraid that the combo will affect LFT's (liver) then I am not so concerned b/c I have my boys' LFT's done regularly and I use Milk Thistle for this...

I think that in DS's case the warts were caused by a virus of some sort. But they were real warts,and there are a lot of rashes that might look like little warts and be something else. (Not particularly helpful, I know.) Anyway the combo of Virastop and Oliveleaf extract did the trick and also improved the behaviors, OCD and tics for a while, until the next exacerbation...

As far as why OLE interacts with antibiotics, I don't have much except that I was told by a DAN doctor not to use them together.

By the way, I have found that Oil of Oregano completely eliminates warts but you have to keep giving it or they come back...

Lynn, I had to post! My son is having a huge relapse with PANDAS, so I have been back lurking trying to find out how to help him this time around and I noticed something you said. "eliminate a plague of warts that DS had" About a month ago we noticed my son has little warts growing. In is arm pits, shoulders,tops of feet, elbows, and knees. Is there a cause for these that you are aware of?

Hi. What type of OLE do you use? how much can you give?

I used Pure Encapsulations, 500 mg, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening, but I worked up to that amount to avoid herxing type behavior.

By the way, I am now apparently Lynn 2 since I changed my email and apparently am no longer recognizable as myself.

Edited by lynn2

Lynn, did he specifically say why you should not use them together? I am just wondering b/c if it is that the OLE will reduce efficacy, then that's a problem, but if it's b/c he is afraid that the combo will affect LFT's (liver) then I am not so concerned b/c I have my boys' LFT's done regularly and I use Milk Thistle for this...

Stephanie-

My daughter has elevated ALT/AST. Can you give me more info on the Milk Thistle. I wasn't sure if it was safe for children.

thanks-

Melinda