ACN Latitudes Forums

Back from Oklahoma and visiting Dr. Cunningham

Yeah, that surprised me, too. Dr. K told us he's seen haldol put PANDAS kids "completely over the edge." Maybe it's a matter of being very precise with dosing and keeping the dose very small?

Interesting....

RE: #10 on P. Mom's list of info from Dr. C......haloperidol being researched as an effective treatment. Really? I just HATE to see that drug mentioned. It used to be the drug of choice for TS but from what I've read/heard from people, the side effects were just NOT worth it. The possibility of TD is just too high for my liking. But then again, if they are researching that drug further, maybe something good will come out of it.

Great information, P. Mom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to thank you for all you have done. I have not had time to read all the responses to this post. I was on vacation and didn't read the board when you posted this but I did a web search on Dr. Cunningham and the PEPSI grant and was able to find your post. I don't know what to think about this. I was thrilled about the whole thing until I got to the part about doing research related to Haldol and Pandas. This makes me sick! I guess I just don't understand the mechanism whatsoever. We have fought so hard to bring understanding to others that those type of medications and treatments DO NOT WORK for pandas kids, in most cases worsening symptoms!!! I am truly upset about this. I will never EVER give my child another psych med after finding out what REALLY works for her!!! I will have to do some research on this independantly when I calm down. But great job, P.Mom and I will continue to hope research continues, whatever the direction.