ACN Latitudes Forums

Question about Lyme IgM Western Blot

On my daughter's Lyme IgM Western Blot test result, there is a statement "Limitation: Infection with HSV, EBV, HCV and/or syphillis (RPR+) may give false (+) results." Can anyone elaborate on this? Should my daughter be tested for these before starting Lyme protocol? Just wondering.

Melinda

Melinda,

These are the types of viruses (Herpes Simplex, Epstein Barr, and Hep C) I was referring to in my other post about the 31 kDa epitope test. Since your daughter's epitope test was negative, I would suggest getting her tested for these viruses. It is possible that one of these viruses is causing a false positive result on her Lyme test.

Mary Beth

On my daughter's Lyme IgM Western Blot test result, there is a statement "Limitation: Infection with HSV, EBV, HCV and/or syphillis (RPR+) may give false (+) results." Can anyone elaborate on this? Should my daughter be tested for these before starting Lyme protocol? Just wondering.

Melinda

Thank you Marybeth!! I just want to try and be as informed as I can before deciding if more abx are warranted. I'm sure the doctor will want to run additional blood tests. The zith we started 20 days ago is starting to wreck havoc on her system giving her diarhia again. And of course, that increases her anxiety, which increases her seperation anxiety. I do have to say, that she experienced herxing when we first started the zith and at previous times when we tried it before (which may be a sign of Lyme). We also still need to run the Babesia Fish co-infection test.

Melinda

BTW- Is there a spell check here? anyone

Which probiotic are you using? I went to our health food store and they recommended this one for people on high-dose antibiotics

http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-flora-critical-care-50-billion.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ultimate%20flora&utm_campaign=NEW%20-%20Probiotics%20-%20Specific&KEYWORD=ultimate%20flora&MATCHTYPE=Search&AD_ID_G=5128725389&gclid=CInEurmhlqMCFQ4EiQodrQ3FsQ

It's not cheap (about $1 a capsule), but it worked really well for us. I had three of us on abx and we had no stomach or yeast problems at all, and that's unusual for us. Also, when I switched to this from a different probiotic, DS9's bloating went away.

Thank you Marybeth!! I just want to try and be as informed as I can before deciding if more abx are warranted. I'm sure the doctor will want to run additional blood tests. The zith we started 20 days ago is starting to wreck havoc on her system giving her diarhia again. And of course, that increases her anxiety, which increases her seperation anxiety. I do have to say, that she experienced herxing when we first started the zith and at previous times when we tried it before (which may be a sign of Lyme). We also still need to run the Babesia Fish co-infection test.

Melinda

BTW- Is there a spell check here? anyone

Which probiotic are you using? I went to our health food store and they recommended this one for people on high-dose antibiotics

http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-flora-critical-care-50-billion.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=ultimate%20flora&utm_campaign=NEW%20-%20Probiotics%20-%20Specific&KEYWORD=ultimate%20flora&MATCHTYPE=Search&AD_ID_G=5128725389&gclid=CInEurmhlqMCFQ4EiQodrQ3FsQ

It's not cheap (about $1 a capsule), but it worked really well for us. I had three of us on abx and we had no stomach or yeast problems at all, and that's unusual for us. Also, when I switched to this from a different probiotic, DS9's bloating went away.

Ifran-

Thank you for the information. I read the customer reviews...very impressive. How big are the pills? My daughter can only swallow small capsules.

Philamom,

Our doctor recommended giving activated charcoal for any die off/stomach related issues that my daughter might have. You can buy it at any health food store. I give 1 capsule a day and it has worked great - no stomach issues at all. Twice I tried skipping just to see what would happen and sure enough my daughter complained of a stomachache both times. The only issue with it is that I was told to space it out about 3 hours from any other medicines. It can lower the effectiveness of the other medicines if taken too close together. Just a suggestion.

Philamom,

Our doctor recommended giving activated charcoal for any die off/stomach related issues that my daughter might have. You can buy it at any health food store. I give 1 capsule a day and it has worked great - no stomach issues at all. Twice I tried skipping just to see what would happen and sure enough my daughter complained of a stomachache both times. The only issue with it is that I was told to space it out about 3 hours from any other medicines. It can lower the effectiveness of the other medicines if taken too close together. Just a suggestion.

Thanks caring mom- I've been trying to give her 1 tbsp of bentonite clay daily, but it seems the more things she takes the more she complains of pains. The Zith must be causing the diarrhea because it begins shortly after taking it. I now give it to her at dinner time so she spends less time in the bathroom. Is activated charcoal the same as the clay?

Charcoal pills are the same concept as bentonite clay.... Our nutritionist also recommends Chewable Pepto Bismol tablets when the child will not drink the clay or take the charcoal pills http://www.pepto-bismol.com/childrens-pepto.php

Great idea witht the Pepto. Do you think it's the normal amount she recommends? I add the clay with applesauce and a lot of cinnamon. If she notices me adding the clay, it's an effort to get her to eat it. Maybe I could alternate every other day?

Melinda