ACN Latitudes Forums

The IVIG MUST be working

My son has been at camp for the past 2 weeks and normally I get calls all the time about his behavior...We had to talk to the Director this morning for my...DAUGHTER(who is my big rule follower so that was weird) but my hubby asked how ds was doing- we both were shocked :blink: when she said- he's doing great- I have only had to talk to him a couple of times and then he straightens up....OK that is not my ds normal mode- I did not think immediate response was in his genetic cod ;) e....then tonight I asked him to go take a shower....he was playing his ds...and he went right into his room finished playing and got in the shower- yes on the FIRST REQUEST :o !!!!! no touchy today- he seems so much calmer- unless he is really excited but then he is an 8 year old boy!!!

Can you feel me dancing at the computer when I type? :D :D

For those that are curious we are still on a double dose of zith- 500 mg once a day.

I hope you all have these type of results!

Brandy

Brandy, OMG!!!! What an uneducated jerk this guy is!!!! If he says "If panda even exists as real" one more time I'm gonna spit!!!

And then the nerve!!! "Who is your Dr. Cunningham and what is her education?"

Sorry, not to sidetrack your beautiful news, but I saw your name replying and trying to set him straight.

HE NEEDS A PANDAS PARENT INTERVENTION!!!!!!

Fantastic! I hope it continues to get better and better!

My dd did best on 500 mg of zith a day. I wonder if I should bump her back up. But she gets her next IVIG on the 13th. I'll wait and see how it goes.

Susan

Brandy, OMG!!!! What an uneducated jerk this guy is!!!! If he says "If panda even exists as real" one more time I'm gonna spit!!!

Sorry, not to sidetrack your beautiful news, but I saw your name replying and trying to set him straight.

I think we all need to go knock on his door- what an A$$!!!!! I have seriously thought about calling him.... I have been so fortunate because ALL of the Doctors I have seen believe it exists!! I can't imagine dealing with Dr's that don't believe you on top of the horrible things we deal with with PANDAS....I think we should all drop our kids off at his house when they are in exacerbation and see what he thinks then! Give them a strep test and have them watch them get better on abx and steroids..... He should see the difference in my ds! AAAAUUUGGGGGHHHH!

Brandy

I think we all need to go knock on his door- what an A$$!!!!! I have seriously thought about calling him.... I have been so fortunate because ALL of the Doctors I have seen believe it exists!! I can't imagine dealing with Dr's that don't believe you on top of the horrible things we deal with with PANDAS....I think we should all drop our kids off at his house when they are in exacerbation and see what he thinks then! Give them a strep test and have them watch them get better on abx and steroids..... He should see the difference in my ds! AAAAUUUGGGGGHHHH!

Brandy

Man! I couldn't help myself and I had to reply. This is what I wrote:

Oh my! Just because YOU don't know it's a disease, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Maybe if you took the time to read the extensive research, talk to and learn from the doctors who have been successfully treating this disorder, and get to meet some PANDAS kids, then you could talk. So please, stop saying "WE don't know if it's a real disorder." There many reputable doctors out there who DO KNOW: IT IS REAL. Change your line to: "I don't know and don't want to bother learning!"

Does it sound like a mad PANDAS momma?

Sorry to sidetrack the post, so happy for your good news!

brandy ...how long has it been since ivig for ds????

love hearing this!!!!

Suzan...how long ago was your other ivig...

is she any better than before 1st treatment or just as bad..or no change....

sorry i don't remember..(espcially not being here for a few days and stories are mixing again)

Brandy-

I am so happy for you and your family.

Jag10, look at the constant touching to the face that this doc is doing during his interview. This is a sure sign that he lacks the confidence in what he is talking about. He hasn't a clue!

Way to go Brandy!

johnsmom

I think we all need to go knock on his door- what an A$!!!!! I have seriously thought about calling him.... I have been so fortunate because ALL of the Doctors I have seen believe it exists!! I can't imagine dealing with Dr's that don't believe you on top of the horrible things we deal with with PANDAS....I think we should all drop our kids off at his house when they are in exacerbation and see what he thinks then! Give them a strep test and have them watch them get better on abx and steroids..... He should see the difference in my ds! AAAAUUUGGGGGHHHH!

Brandy

Brandy,

Did you remove three of your recent comments from youtube or was it someone else?

I hope there is news coverage of Dr. C from Pepsi that can be posted on Youtube and tagged right on top of this guy!!!!!!!